552.00 dollars later, the Malibu runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Got my check in the mail from the insurance company yesterday.
Covered the repair, gas and my time off.

Good insurance company. Most would pay only repair cost and few may pay gas but paying your time off for this bad gas problem is very rare.

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
Anytime the pump runs slow, STOP Go somewhere else because water settles to the bottom of tank and it is slow because almost empty.

Hope your wife learned lesson

There's also some sort of leak detector and it slows down the pump to tick people off to make them demand fixing. But it's still a good reason to go elsewhere!

Originally Posted By: HM12460
Nope and Nope, still get my booze and snacks there.

You better hope they don't water your booze down too! That would be worse yet.

LOL! I am pretty sure, after 11 years of Submarines, that that is good!

Won't happen, I will go speak to them as I seem them often. I use the store a couple of times a week.
I think we BITOGers need to get some of that money! We convinced you to go after the gas station.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: toneydoc
Anytime the pump runs slow, STOP Go somewhere else because water settles to the bottom of tank and it is slow because almost empty.

Hope your wife learned lesson

There's also some sort of leak detector and it slows down the pump to tick people off to make them demand fixing. But it's still a good reason to go elsewhere!

Yes, a $25 filter changed twice a year would have saved a lot of aggravation and expense. Seems like these would be mandatory.

40510A-AD-blue.jpg
"The “Alert” models 40510A-AD and 40530A-AD are designed to remove particulate and to detect and react to phase separation in Ethanol blended gasoline and slow flow as an indicator to the presence of phase separation." Flow rate drops to about 1 gallon per minute when triggered and there are different models for different fuel types.

I use them in my ag. tanks at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back