Why not use Restore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe in using the majority of additives, but Restore is a legit product. It does improve compression substantially when used in tired engines. It does buy time. It amazes me more people here do not use or comment on Restore.

I've heard people say it temporarily ups compression but also plugs filters and causes them to bypass.
Maybe if you want to sell the car? Personally I'd repair it to bring e compression back.

I used it in a Ford V8 engine years ago to boost power (the engine was getting tired),didn't seem to work.When I rebuilt the engine in 2006 I noticed the engine bearings were all stained black.It wouldn't come off.I blame the RESTORE for that.The rebuild (and mild RV cam) made the engine come alive better than new.The Restore just couldn't match new parts.

I used it in a very worn ride on lawn mower.

It helped for a little while (4or5 cuts) but was then running bad and burning oil as bad as ever.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
I used it in a Ford V8 engine years ago to boost power (the engine was getting tired),didn't seem to work.When I rebuilt the engine in 2006 I noticed the engine bearings were all stained black.It wouldn't come off.I blame the RESTORE for that.The rebuild (and mild RV cam) made the engine come alive better than new.The Restore just couldn't match new parts.

Thanks for your tear down report.

I stumbled on some cheap and tried it in the Jeep once for giggles. The noisy Jeep 4.0 did run pretty quiet with it in there, and I was surprised there was definitely better "pull" at highway speed acceleration. Was not expecting anything like that. Seemed to fade after about 2k or maybe I just got used to it. Cut of oil filter was completely uneventful as well.

I would consider it for a tired engine. Expense makes it a poor buy for routine use IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back