Best grease for trailer bearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 3500lb single axle utility trailer and am going to replace the bearings because I have one wheel covered in grease. Trailer is only a year old and only hauled a 60" eXmark mower. Can anyone recommend a good brand bearing and good grease. This trailer is only a year old and I assumed after this break down that they used cheapest parts available for mass production. I dont want to go that route again. The bearing numbers are L44649 and L68149 using a double lip seal. Thanks in advance

Hard to go wrong with Mobil 1 wheel bearing grease.

I've had good luck with Valvoline's Ford-Mercury wheel bearing grease in my Harbor Freight 4x8 utility trailer.

I think more than what grease is fresh grease. Keep fresh grease in those bearings once a season or so since the trailer is presumably being used daily. It takes 10 minutes and is cheap insurance against a roadside breakdown.

I have used M1 grease for about 20 years with good results in my trailer and truck bearings. Hubs stay cool and no failures.

I use valvoline durablend in my 2 axle travel trailer. I tried mobil 1 , but it always had red oil leaking from the hubs.

Another vote for fresh grease instead of favorite grease. I keep my gun loaded with Valvoline Synpower, but a tube lasts about 2 years. If I used more I'd probably go with something lower cost like Cerulean or mystic.

Yeah I also have and use my tub of valvoline ford grease never done me wrong so I never have needed to change

I personally use John Deere SD Polyurea it's very water resistant. But if it's a customers piece of equipment I'll use a lithium ep grease. Not a fan of mixing greases.

Originally Posted By: josephk1
I have a 3500lb single axle utility trailer and am going to replace the bearings because I have one wheel covered in grease. Trailer is only a year old and only hauled a 60" eXmark mower. Can anyone recommend a good brand bearing and good grease. This trailer is only a year old and I assumed after this break down that they used cheapest parts available for mass production. I dont want to go that route again. The bearing numbers are L44649 and L68149 using a double lip seal. Thanks in advance

Timken bearings and Valvoline wheel bearing grease

Regular trailer bearings should last a long time if properly greased. Its boat trailer bearings that get dunked that have more issues.

I assume you know how to grease those type of bearings in the palm of your hand. Its something your Dad teaches his son.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Mobil 1 red is junk. It separates horribly.

Ford moly grease or jet lube.

Actually the better grease does separate somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back