Denso vs. ACDelco wires GM 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on rockauto looking for plugs and wires for my 06 Escalade and noticed the Denso wire set was 50% cheaper than the original equipment ACDelco wires. Wondering why that would be. Denso is original equipment for Toyota and considered high quality yet it's the cheapest wire set available for my Caddy. Anybody have any idea why they are so cheap?

I wouldn't hesitate to run Denso wires. I believe Delphi makes the OEM Acdelco wires. Check amazon for the wires to sometimes they beat rockauto.

Just threw some Denso wires on my father's Buick LeSabre along with Denso plugs. You can never go wrong with Denso products, they are great stuff.

I had a Denso set with a bad #3 wire right out of the box last year, nothing great in the quality dept just average.
The NGK I replaced them with were superior, the NGK may not be available for the GM, go with the AC Delco OE not the Pro.

I have had poor luck with NGK aftermarket wires from Advance auto. My mother's Honda Civic went through two sets, in two years. Arching from non-contact spots causing misfire.

If you compared the Honda wires (NGK) to the aftermarket NGK, you could see the diff.. Hondas looked much more stout. The original wires had 125k on them before they developed any signs of aging.

TBH, Denso wires aren't made by Denso - I had one fail on me, and if Denso touted OEM quality on those they would have sourced them from Yazaki or Sumitomo Electric.

I'd stick to Delco - and check if Delphi Packard made them.

I think your right. The Denso's I got were in a Denso box but nothing on the cables indicated who made them.
The NGK had NGK on the cable and the cylinder # on each cable, the fit was much better. The OE Delco on one of my cars were 14 yrs old before being changed as preventive maintenance and never had a problem.

Originally Posted By: Trav
I think your right. The Denso's I got were in a Denso box but nothing on the cables indicated who made them.
The NGK had NGK on the cable and the cylinder # on each cable, the fit was much better. The OE Delco on one of my cars were 14 yrs old before being changed as preventive maintenance and never had a problem.

NGK is made by Seiwa, an Japanese aftermarket supplier. It even says on the connectors a majority of the time.

Originally Posted By: HankHill
I have had poor luck with NGK aftermarket wires from Advance auto. My mother's Honda Civic went through two sets, in two years. Arching from non-contact spots causing misfire.

If you compared the Honda wires (NGK) to the aftermarket NGK, you could see the diff.. Hondas looked much more stout. The original wires had 125k on them before they developed any signs of aging.

OE Honda wires are made by Showa, not NGK.

I'm currently running NGK blue wires in my Accord. The factory wires were still good after 14 yrs but I changed them as preventative maintenance. If the NGK's go bad, I still have the factory wires to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back