honda cvt Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best friend is lookin at 13-15 honda civic's, some with a cvt some with out. How are the cvt's in these type of cars?

If anyone is able to make a CVT work, it's going to be Honda or Toyota. Though, Subarus have seen to be reliable.

I have driven a Civic with CVT, it felt much more normal to drive than Nissan.

My Accord CVT is the bees knees. I like it better than the 6MT in the '13+ Accord. Yes, I have driven both.

I never thought I would say that but it is so smooth and responsive.

The only time I miss a manual or conventional automatic is there is no correlation between speed and rpm. I seconds you're going 80 with the engine just pegged at 6,500 rpm.

Well she decided on the 5 speed automatic. I myself enjoyed the feeling of the 5 speed more than the cvt.

Great decision. Buy a case of Honda DW-1 ATF and do 2 drain / refills once you get the car.

Lots of grime/metal shavings will be on the magnetic drain plug.

He showed us the receipt where it just came out of the dealer with an oil change,4 tires, alignment, brakes on one axle, brake flush, trans service, air and cabin air filter. So its been serviced for now.

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
Well she decided on the 5 speed automatic. I myself enjoyed the feeling of the 5 speed more than the cvt.

I have yet to drive a Subaru CVT vehicle, but I think Nissan CVTs have definitely spoiled CVTs for a lot of people - that is, they are the Oldsmobile 350 diesel of CVTs.

Not only do the Honda CVTs seem reliable, but they operate very well.

Miller88 but I think Nissan CVTs have definitely spoiled CVTs for a lot of people - that is said:
I love the CVT in my Maxima, smooth and seamless, perfectly matched to the VQ35DE torque.

IMHO Nissan's success with CVT's spurred the other Japanese brands to follow. To be fair, if I had a 4 cyl Altima, my view would be more to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back