Custom Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some of the latest:

pens%20006_zpsfymp1eoa.jpg

pens%20013_zpschhrz6ad.jpg

Red & black acetate rollerballs, Cigar Ballpoint in Mesquite, Buckeye Burl, Mesquite and Ambrosia Maple with a bit of genuine turquoise inlay in the eyes.

Next I'll be turning a few simple click-BP-pens from various colors/patterns of Corian.

Very nice!

May I suggest some cherry, walnut and rose wood versions?

Do you sell them or just collect them?

Before my Grandfather passed he had a custom pen made for me out of osage/hedge with my name on it (~10 years ago). I know it came from Texas. I have always wanted more like it.

EDIT:

My name is engraved on the flip side, like it was burned in.

pen.jpg

At a family reunion last weekend my wife was given a pen made by her cousin - made from Rewarewa, sometimes called NZ honeysuckle. A timber we often used to see years ago, but now rare.

I haven't tried a FP in a long time. I wasn't pleased with their performance, but that was about 15yrs ago. They might have improved by now.

I received this one here as a graduation gift. I don't have much of a pen collection so this is by far the best one I've got.

If you have need of some Corian I usually have some different colors in the shop from some of my kitchens-sink cut outs, leftover pieces than I could size for you. All 1/2" stuff.

Sorry for not responding sooner to your generous offer! Due to its weight, shipping costs are $$$. I've been able to get it free from a single counter-top fabricator for years. However, their policies have changed and they now charge $50 minimum. So I'll be looking elsewhere.

I turn very few pens from Corian, and only the click ballpoints. I appreciate the offer!

My pen turning has taken a backseat to working on the sled and serious yardwork. It's leaf season here and I compost as much as I can, so it's taken up nearly all of my free time.

Thanks for the pics!

I love the high end pens. Especially because my job requires a lot of hand written paperwork. However, they disappear. I've taken to tying a string to my best pens.

Surprised I hadn't replied! Sorry about that.

glad you enjoyed them. I too like them, but they were out of my reach. Then I picked up turning my own on a jewelers lathe, then learned turquoise inlay work, finishing, etc.

Having a really nice one means you keep track of it better. Though using a fly-fishing auto rewinder will also add a unique finishing touch!

I'll be turning a few more soon after I clean off my work-space. I'll post more photos then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back