TOYOTA...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only model lineup top to bottom that can reasonably go 300,000 mi. and now Champs of the Daytona 500...here and now it's all Toyota.

Umm Toyota doesn't even make a V8 RWD car AFAIK, so there's no reason for them to be in NASCAR in the first place.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Umm Toyota doesn't even make a V8 RWD car AFAIK, so there's no reason for them to be in NASCAR in the first place.
"Um", does Ford race their RWD car?

Originally Posted By: dblshock
The only model lineup top to bottom that can reasonably go 300,000 mi. and now Champs of the Daytona 500...here and now it's all Toyota.

Daytona 500 dominated by JGR Toyotas

Originally Posted By: HerrStig

They're all spaceframes with the same body, different decals; none of them are, ahem, "stock cars". But Toyota's participation is particularly silly.

Get use to it it could get real ugly for the other manufacturers.

They're all spaceframes with the same body, different decals; none of them are, ahem, "stock cars". But Toyota's participation is particularly silly.
"Um" Toyota builds MORE V8 powered vehicles than Ford or GM, Um. They call some of them Lexus. I don't see many "Ecoteck" racing engines in NASCAR. BTW, I've been following NASCAR since the Foreball Roberts Pontiac days, Sparky.

Last edited:

I guess NASCAR may be entertaining, but really, isn't the concept silly?

Toyota isn't overly loved here on BITOG. However, Toyota can do what ever they want with their $60 BILLION IN CASH RESERVES!!

Last edited:

"Um" Toyota builds MORE V8 powered vehicles than Ford or GM, Um. They call some of them Lexus. I don't see many "Ecoteck" racing engines in NASCAR. BTW, I've been following NASCAR since the Foreball Roberts Pontiac days, Sparky.

Then why isn't Lexus racing in Nascar?

Originally Posted By: expat

I guess NASCAR may be entertaining, but really, isn't the concept silly?

It's completely ridiculous and irrelevant. I mean, the current speed record was set 30 years ago, they switched to fuel injection 25 or 30 years after actual "stock cars". Come on.

"Foreball" Roberts aka Fireball Roberts?? Your auto correct got you there I believe.

Yeah Toyota FINALLY won the Daytona 500 by a foot and a half. I had Denny Hamlin as one of the top three contenders. Dale Earnhardt Jr and Matt Kenseth were the other two.

Yeah there are more Toyotas are made here than Ford or GM. That's a sad state of affairs. We should have mandated with helping the big 3 that they were only to make cars and trucks here in the US.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bbhero
"Foreball" Roberts aka Fireball Roberts?? Your auto correct got you there I believe.

Yeah Toyota FINALLY won the Daytona 500 by a foot and a half. I had Denny Hamlin as one of the top three contenders. Dale Earnhardt Jr and Matt Kenseth were the other two.

Yeah there are more Toyotas are made here than Ford or GM. That's a sad state of affairs. We should have mandated with helping the big 3 that they were only to make cars and trucks here in the US.

Here we go again with the Toyota bashing. People hate the top dog.

A foot and a half in front of another Toyota though. The top 3 cars were Toyotas.

Originally Posted By: CKN

Here we go again with the Toyota bashing. People hate the top dog.

Im glad that a better brand is made more here. All depends how you look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back