Anyone wanna go halfsies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/5437593153.html

Teaser:

Up for sale is one of, if not the most capable privately owned road racing Corvettes in the country. Affectionately known as "The Beast" it is well known on Corvette Forum and tracks around America. But, it is time to move on and this car is offered up for sale. At half of the originally build price of over $400,000, the asking price is $215,000obo. The sale includes a one-day on-track orientation at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL.

He doesn't list the mileage and the number of hours on the engine. A Friend of my brother in law builds racing Subaru's. He said they have a motor that has close to 1400 HP. I asked him how long the motor lasts for. He stated, "5 hours".

I'm sure the beast will be a beast on your bank account. lol

I think for your 100k, you might have more fun trying your hand at formula Ford for a couple seasons?
Anyways, if you find a cobuyer make sure you get to drive it first! That would be a hard car to keep your driving ahead of.

I have seen some road race Cup cars for less. Only problem is the horrendous maintenance on a 358ci engine. New valve springs every 3k miles as long as you keep it under 7k RPM, full rebuild yearly.

You would think that if this car is so great he wod list races won or lap times or something like that.

I wonder if he gets the usual craigs list scams for selling vehical. "Hi I never bought a car before but could you go to this obscure website that has only existed two day and enter you credit card info to get a vin check so I can make sure it isn't a lemon?"

The trouble with having that much car when you show up at a racetrack is how do you gauge how good your driving is? Nobody else would have a car that is even close in power or downforce, so you're going to win, even if your skills are mediocre.

Originally Posted By: berniedd
I have read somewhere that stock Ferrari car engines need a rebuild after 25,000 miles. True?

Nope, but a 30K service usually involves pulling the motor, if mid mounted, to change the timing belt along with all the external seals.

I am kind of surprised (and very impressed) that they were able to pull that much naturally aspirated power out of an LSx using the stock style, single throttle body intake manifold.
thumbsup2.gif

(Instead of the usual individual throttle body systems normally seen on road race LSxes at that power level.)

If they are spinning it up to and beyond that 7500 rev power peak every shift, it is a good thing they installed that multi-stage dry sump system!!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back