Lojack and other tracking devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like $700. Seems like a total waste of money to me. That's what insurance is for. You can lower your comprehensive deductible to $0 for like $10-$15 more a month.

Good question. The S2K is stolen a lot around here. I'm tempted to Lojack or put some sort of two-way alarm on it or something.

robert

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
It's like $700. Seems like a total waste of money to me. That's what insurance is for. You can lower your comprehensive deductible to $0 for like $10-$15 more a month.

I agree. I haven't heard of lojack in a few years. If it made sense, insurance companies would run their own locator services.

Look at it another way. Its better to prevent them from getting it rather than getting it back toasted.
Would you really want it back after they beat the snot out of it?

If your car has a chip key it is much harder to steal than they use to be. If its stolen now, its not for a job ride. But rather stolen by pros to be shipped overseas or quickly chopped.

Personally I leave a trunk monkey in my vehicle if I park in a high crime area.

Not a good investment, one of my Cobra's had it. It did not reduce my insurance. If your car gets stolen you do not want it back, it will have a branded title.

Originally Posted By: Donald
If your car has a chip key it is much harder to steal than they use to be. If its stolen now, its not for a job ride. But rather stolen by pros to be shipped overseas or quickly chopped.

Personally I leave a trunk monkey in my vehicle if I park in a high crime area.

People in my neck of the woods are still getting cars stolen - immobilizers aren't using "strong" encryption and there's code scanners for smart keys.

LoJack is more of a "beacon" than anything else - true tracking uses cellular augmented by GPS, and you can buy OBD-II dongles, but it's chaining something onto CAN...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back