Time to vent...shop damaged wheel...again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some tire guys DO take pride in their job. Most don't. When I was younger and worked at tire shops, I didn't cut corners and really took care of the work I was doing. I didn't bang out a set of 4 as fast as some of the sloppy guys, but I didn't get many come-backs over the years either.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Well I got a call back the other day from the guy I was dealing with. He said the managers decided that they would NOT cover the damage as "they shouldn't be in that area" so they decided it was a rock chip. I was at work so this went to my voice mail, I never called back. They have lost me as a customer and I am about to post a review of there work online. I also noticed tonight that my leather wrapped steering wheel has a scratch on it, like a ring or something was dragged across it with force. So not happy with this shop. I am finished with them! Done.

Why am I NOT surprised about the shops' behavior ?

Finding a honest, AND COMPETENT shop is much more difficult than finding a needle in a haystack by far.
20.gif

The last set of tires I got on my kids Rav4 with mount/balance/alignment was about $495. The workers scratched up all of the aluminum wheels which they paid me $120 per wheel. So I gave the manager $15 and left.....
lol.gif
lol.gif

I touched them up myself.

Don't forget to bad mouth these sleazy shops on social media too, if there is one thing they can't stand it is truthful horror stories going viral, it will KILL their business eventually and that is a honorable goal to put these crummy shops out of business for good.

Eddie,

They will say yes, we can install no problem..... and still damage the wheels.

It's not like the OP has crazy 22 inch wheels with super low profile tires, it's factory Honda Accord wheels.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Eddie,

They will say yes, we can install no problem..... and still damage the wheels.

It's not like the OP has crazy 22 inch wheels with super low profile tires, it's factory Honda Accord wheels.

Bingo!

I've been to many shops and it is RARE, almost UNHEARD of for any of these places to to you NO, they want your money and don't care what they have to do to get it.

I had ONE shop tell me they wouldn't work on my very easy to work on
1996 VW Golf 2L, but in general seem to be an honest, and competent shop with everything else we have taken to them, I APPLAUD their honesty. I told them thanks for being upfront.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Don't forget to bad mouth these sleazy shops on social media too, if there is one thing they can't stand it is truthful horror stories going viral, it will KILL their business eventually and that is a honorable goal to put these crummy shops out of business for good.

Already posted reviews on Yelp and Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back