Daytona 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: racin4ds
Jr is nothing more than a name, I put him in the same ranks as Danica

I think you need to look at the stats.

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

I would like to see a series where they have some safety rules, a minimum weight limit, a restricter plate for say 600 horse power and no other rules. Run any chassis, any engine, no electronic aids and track supplied pump gasoline. You'd see some real racing between cars of very different characteristics.

You've just basically described the Continental Tire series and the GT classes of the IMSA Tudor series. And you are correct, because the racing is stellar.

Yes, that, the occasional Ozzie V-8 Supercar race, and the WRC are all I bother watching anymore.

I was losing interest in the 'roundy rounders' for a while now, and once the Nippon Giant won the whole thing last year, I TOTALLY gave up on it.

If it comes on now, I will switch the channel to something else.

I think Nascar has it wrong. The Daytona 500 should be the last race of the season (no Chase). And have only 20 or so of the best drivers in it. I'ts like the Super Bowl being the first game of the season. Doesn't make sense.

For a while, the opening race of the season was at the old Riverside International Raceway.

I think the race tomorrow goes to Chase Elliott or Dale Jr.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
For a while, the opening race of the season was at the old Riverside International Raceway.

I think the race tomorrow goes to Chase Elliott or Dale Jr.

I'm thinking JGR cars going to have something to say about that. Jr is really fast but gonna need help still wondering who that be I'm thinking Jimmy.

Last edited:
I don't think Chase Elliott will even finish in the top10. Keselowski starts 25th and Johnson starts 26th and I bet both of them finish ahead of Elliott.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
I don't think Chase Elliott will even finish in the top10. Keselowski starts 25th and Johnson starts 26th and I bet both of them finish ahead of Elliott.
+1 he's not in my top 10 I'm a Chase fan just haven't seen him run in the hot sun in a group think he will have hiccups on pits tops.

Johnson starts 26th and I bet both of them finish ahead of Elliott.

Don't bet against Jimmy....currently 1st.

Johnson starts 26th and I bet both of them finish ahead of Elliott.

Don't bet against Jimmy....currently 1st.

Yea not for long here comes the fast cars JGR

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Heck of a finish. I thought Truex had it.

+1 Great race can't wait see them in Atlanta.

Atlanta will be the first we get to see the new "low downforce package" since there were minimal changes to the plate package except adding roller lifters and a 1/64" reduction in restrictor plate.

Felt bad for Chase spinning out early, but Dale jr made up for it spinning out in almost the exact same spot
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back