2011 Focus air filter 14,xxx MC#8S43-9601-AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this filter was in the focus for 14,xxx miles. Got it for $8.76 thru Ford parts at work. Put Extra Guard filter in.

Part #8S43-9601-AC

Date I believe is 082210Y3 "MADE IN U.S.A."

So my guess is that it was made on August 22nd 2010, Line "Y" and 3rd shift

a4x1c9.jpg

2a0dxjn.jpg

111rx91.jpg

2zfr6tl.jpg

Doesn't look good at all for only 14k miles. The filter in my cars are looking much cleaner at 35-40k miles, probably because I used discarded pantyhose as pre-filter and my area is less dusty. Clean or replace discarded pantyhose is very fast and easy and cost nothing.

I usually change the air filter at around 50-60k miles or 5-6 years whichever is first, mainly because of the seal was harden so it didn't pliable enough to fit the box well.

I agree very cruddy for 14k. I just checked my kias stp filter after 20k and it was spotless and it sees dirt roads quite often

I am going to guess the dirt and tar and chip roads around me doesn't help. I have decided I'll change the air filter out around 10,000 miles

Originally Posted By: car51
I am going to guess the dirt and tar and chip roads around me doesn't help. I have decided I'll change the air filter out around 10,000 miles

I would just install a restriction gauge.

Definitely been used up. I wonder if it's exhaust from other cars and trucks? My cars air filters look like this to a degree as well. Not quite as much but it has a similar look to it after 20k.

Without a restriction gauge your only guessing. I've seen filters that looked far worse and still flow without much restriction(less than 11" of H2o).
Buy a gauge and KNOW what the restriction is and then you will know when to change it out.

ROD

The filter pictured above looks like it came from a very dusty environment. Does the OP live near a desert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back