Bought a 2016.5 CX-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pleased to say that I took delivery of a brand new 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 yesterday. We had to wait a while for our dealership to locate one but they were finally able to. Come to find out, there were only 4 these in the country.

Soul Red paint with Black cloth interior. Touring Tech package and the Moonroof package were selected. Tech package provides LED daytime running lights, led fog lights, and led adaptive headlights amongst a couple other things.

I truly love this car, I had a '14 for a while and from the time I decided to give it up I've been dying to get into another one. They've only gotten better. The interior has been updated a bit with a bigger screen and BMWesque "mouse" for easy control of the infotainment center. Suspension has been softened just enough to be noticeable without taking away from the driving dynamics. They've added extra sound insulation which masks the extra loudness of today's DI engines.

For anyone considering a crossover, I'll continue to recommend the CX-5.

Why did you give up the 14 model?

Love that color and that is a nice looking vehicle. Congratulations.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Danno
What's the difference between a 2016 and a 2016.5 - besides the build date? And the .5?

They increased the standard options for the mid-year refresh.

This will be primarily driven by my wife, the only option she really cared about was heated seats. In the 2016 that was only an option on the Grand Touring which starts about $2k higher. For 2016.5 they made this a standard feature on the Touring level. So it actually was cheaper for us to buy brand new at a lower trim level than used or a 2016 model at the higher trim. They also have navigation standard for 2016.5.

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
Why did you give up the 14 model?

At the time I was doing sales for a roofing company. The CX-5 just wasn't big enough for my needs. If it had about 2 more inches of cargo space I would have kept it, but unfortunately it didn't so interior trim pieces were getting scratched by the lack of space.

I think Mazda has the best paint palette going and some of the best looking paint jobs of any of the manufactures today. The colors have depth and are extremely pleasing and however they apply it makes it look like glass. Very nice looking car.

I love Mazdas, the only reason I didn't buy another one is because the rumored 300 hp AWD Mazdaspeed 3 failed to materialize.

It's interesting that you like the softer ride. Zoom Zoom ride/handling is what Mazda touts. My daughter has a '15 Touring and we have the '14 RAV, I find them very similar in drive-ability. We probably would have bought a CX-5 but didn't like the totally black interior.

Great color!

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
It's interesting that you like the softer ride. Zoom Zoom ride/handling is what Mazda touts. My daughter has a '15 Touring and we have the '14 RAV, I find them very similar in drive-ability. We probably would have bought a CX-5 but didn't like the totally black interior.

Great color!

I know it seems counterintuitive for Mazda to soften it up, but it works! I really don't know how, but it does. You can't tell a difference going around corners and whipping it around, it feels like the '14, but just going over uneven terrain and pot hole ridden roads, it just soaks up the imperfections much better.

Did you trade in the Ram or sell it privately? Either way congrats and you easily change your username by contacting a mod. You can just hit the Notify button on one of your posts to get their attention.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Did you trade in the Ram or sell it privately? Either way congrats and you easily change your username by contacting a mod. You can just hit the Notify button on one of your posts to get their attention.

Ended up just trading it in. Got a bunch of low ball offers and I really needed to clear up the space.

Was your 14 a GT? The softer feel may be the smaller diameter tire on the Touring.

I have a 13 CX5 since 2012. This is the best car I have ever owned. Great fuel mileage (lifetime is 31 MPG), very comfortable on long trips and the suspension is great. That old adage is true, it's much more fun to drive a slow car fast.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back