pcv valve hose collapse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been doing some work on this 2001 mazda tribute. I noticed when the vehicle is running the hose going to the pcv valve is collapsed, like sucking itself inward. I pinch the hose and it's like a balloon, like expanding, then I release and it collapses again. When the vehicle is off, it retains it's round shape. The hose is very soft when touched. The car drives fine, but is this normal or hose needs replaced? I would go and check other vehicles, just to cold out now and dark outside. Also, the pcv valve is very difficult to get to by hand. Would the air flow go toward the pcv valve or away, something strange. I know I'll need to check this tomorrow, but just wanted to ask.

Is it a 4cyl or V6? If a V6 is it the hose that connects the 2 valve covers and has a tee on the air intake tube, or the hose that comes up from the valley to the back of the intake?

yes, I will, just read where the vapors from the engine go toward the pcv valve. Will replace. Just noticed it a while ago, it was sucking itself inward. Thanks for the Fast reply!!

it's the hose that comes from the back. I replaced the tee one a while agao. It's a 3.0, 6cy.

For anyone curious, these are what the hoses look like. It is in 2 pieces and we always replace both.

Upper:

Lower:

The Mazda numbers are ZZC0-13-89Y for the upper and ZZCT-13-89Y for the lower.

Reminds me of the PCV hose on the Focus when I first got it. It was collapsed and Ford had an updated version of it with a heat resistant covering on it.

Originally Posted By: qdeezie
Reminds me of the PCV hose on the Focus when I first got it. It was collapsed and Ford had an updated version of it with a heat resistant covering on it.

Ya, I sell a bunch of those also.

Grommets for where ever the hose and pcv valves attach ? Again
bdcardinal thanks for all your input and help!

Here is the diagram from the catalog. I highlighted the PCV valve.

Mazda in all their wisdom puts this in the "Engine Block" section of the catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back