Trying to send a Blackstone sample

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
Put the correct postage on it,
drop it in an outside mailbox...

She said if I do this when it comes thru the office she will "flag" it. I read the Blackstone letter from my phone and asked her what her reason is now for not taking it and I was asked to leave. This place looks like a USPS but it is actually a contractor for them. The UPS lady said people come there all the time complaining about them. I am thinking about contacting the post master general???? Maybe? Thoughts?

I hate the local post office. I know this is not about oil but I ordered a 10" GPS/Chartplotter-fishfinder for my boat for $2400. When they delivered it they threw it 30' over my fence even though I left the gate open. I watched them do it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I go to the post office. They gave me trouble once, not because the contents but because the black bottle was too small.

I put it in a small cardboard box and shipped it. Was still like $3-$4.

When they ask if there's any liquid in it you didn't tell them yes, right? I don't think it's any of their business what's in the package as long as it's not hazardous, and it isn't.

UPS prices are ridiculous

The Blackstone container says "Liquid" in bold black on it

Put the bottle in a box, address it to Blackstone Co., label it liquid, tell the counter person it is "well water".

Originally Posted By: 15SilvyEcotec
The Blackstone container says "Liquid" in bold black on it

Right but a padded shipping envelope hides the writing on the sticker. Then they don't see it.

Yes, my USPS said they could NOT ship it in that black bottle as well. Gladly I have these little white shipping bags I bought from ebay. I took the contents out of the black bottle and put it in the shipping bag instead. No problems there.

Just FYI I called 1-800-275-8777 and filed a complaint. I got a confirmation number and they said a deputy general will contact me in 24 to 72 hours. Even the lady I talked to said they were wrong. She also got the number for Blackstone. I am curious to see how it plays out.

I do not want to buy something to put it in when I am allowed to send it as is.

Originally Posted By: gallydif
...I took the contents out of the black bottle and put it in the shipping bag instead. No problems there.

That is a potential problem. There is a good reason for the black bottle and the absorbent mat.

Anyone know if they allow local drop off?
smile.gif

Seriously, you don't need to even leave your home. Save the gas and time:

Put the black bottle in a plain box and attach a prepaid label.

Put it in your mailbox.

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
Put the correct postage on it,
drop it in an outside mailbox...

This.....I always just go to the automated machine, it spits out the postage based on weight ($1.70-ish last time) and I drop it in the package slot. Always got there; but when I go to a person they get the ??? look.

I just had a 10 minute civilized conversation with a post master general. Who let me read the letter that blackstone send out. He response was that Publication 52 on HazMat says that motor oil of any flash point is not allowed to be mailed through the USPS. He said he was going to look into it and make sure motor oil is not shiiping because of employees not knowing better. I am confused? Does Blackstone know about publication 52? I am going to call them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back