In-car footage of my M3 at Autobahn Country Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pontual
Dparm, all that clicking when you stopped was from brakes or exhaust?
Nice piloting, Man!

The OEM brake discs are a two-piece rotor. You are hearing the hats and friction surface (the disc itself) contracting at different rates as they cool. It's normal.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
What brand tires on your M3, how often you drain/refill ATF ?

I've always loved BMW interiors, very functional and sporty/elegant.

Michelin Pilot Super Sport. 255/35R19 up front, 275/35R19 in back.

The car has a dual-clutch transmission (same Getrag unit that Ferrari uses) so the fluid is technically "lifetime". I opted to change it out for Motul Multi DCTF at around 50,000 miles; UOA came back very good so I suspect I could've left it in there for another 25,000.

The DCT fluids are similar to a 75w85 GL4, if you're wondering. It is, mechanically speaking, very similar to a manual transmission -- hence the psuedo-MTF.

Recently saw a Bondurant 2012 Camaro SS on Barrett Jackson that went for $18,000. Had 8000 miles, new tires and suspension. It was red and still had white lettering on it. Even though they're driven hard apparently they're well maintained.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
I think you'll find the Stop Tech brake setup to be very good.

Yes, the feedback on M3post and other enthusiast sites seems to be excellent. It's not a "bling" kit that looks impressive on the street -- it is truly functional and designed for serious use.

Hoping that this kit combined with Castrol SRF and the StopTech Street Performance pads all around will allow for some awesome trail braking and dive-bombing at the track come April.
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back