Mobil "424" variation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi gents !
well after a lot of reading i ordered myself some Transfer case oil Mobil 424 (for my 03 jeep wj with a 247 TC quadradrive vari-lok front and back , mopar sellsthe "424" as their TC oil)... and what do i get ( what i ordered really) MOBIL RARUS 424 COMPRESSOR OIL ..[censored] ?!?! Is this [censored] the same as the "MOBIL 424" aka " MOBILFLUID 424", can these two oils really be the same ?
I'm going nuts here as i just received this oil yesterday and i was ready to get the TC fluid changed ... now i'm worried that this might not be the right stuff ...
I can"t find both currently as mobil oil products , i see under industrial oil just the RARUS 400 series..
Please help me find out if the oil i got is the oil rated for all "tractor type equipment" .
Thanks !

I don't think that's the same fluid. The regular stuff says Mobil fluid 424 hydraulic/tractor fluid on the front label

http://thelubricantstore.com/mobilfluid-424-pail.html

mobil-mobilfluid424-tractorhydraulic-pail-l_1.jpg

I can only find the rarus 424 now , and not the other on the mobil site ...and they have the same name , why would they do that ?
This drive me nuts...
frown.gif

You require Mobilfluid 424 which is a UTTO 5W30 oils with GL4 etc.

Rarus 424 is ISO 32 compressor oil .... which is not suitable for you.

[censored] numbers
frown.gif

Thanks Garak ! I'm all the way in Romania now , after living in the Philly area for 12 years .
Thanks guys !

What irks me is that I can't get that size of Rarus here. The quantity Imperial Oil wants to sell me would let me service all compressors in western Canadian gas stations until after I'm long dead. On the other hand, you can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a pail of tractor hydraulic oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back