Classic Shell Start Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
The W10 menu seems pretty intuitive. I don't see a reason to run a classic shell unless you're looking for nostalgia.

I ran classic shell with Windows 8.1, but with Windows 10 I haven't felt the need. For what it's worth the program did what it was supposed to do and gave me no problem with 8.1. Good luck.

Maybe a little monitoring script in Windows that would wait for the umpteenth upgrade notification, then change your default grub entry to a little repartioning script
02.gif

I will probably never get to use that particular smiley again!

Start 8 (for Windows 8.x) and Start 10 (for Windows 10) by Stardock does the same with many ways to tweak. It is very stable and when I was running Windows 8, it gave me the fastest version of Windows 7 I had ever used. For $5.00, it was totally worth it, though I do not see a need for it with Windows 10.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I need to write a program that will automatically merge your Windows partition into your Linux partition when it bugs you to upgrade to Windows 10 one too many times.

+1, but I'm already there.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Maybe a little monitoring script in Windows that would wait for the umpteenth upgrade notification, then change your default grub entry to a little repartioning script

That would be some pretty poetic justice for Microsoft product to be facing.
wink.gif

I have been using Classic Shell on my laptop for about 4 months. Love it.
I do agree Windows 10 start menu is better than Windows 8/8.1, but I still don't like it. Classic Shell just makes it more comfortable to use for me.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I need to write a program that will automatically merge your Windows partition into your Linux partition when it bugs you to upgrade to Windows 10 one too many times.

Total cost...$0.00
cheers3.gif

I prefer it on Win 10. We have five laptops with 10 and all have the Classic Shell. Strictly a matter of preference.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
I have been using Classic Shell on my laptop for about 4 months. Love it.
I do agree Windows 10 start menu is better than Windows 8/8.1, but I still don't like it. Classic Shell just makes it more comfortable to use for me.

I agree wholeheartedly! Classic Shell is still easier to sift thru folders, programs and apps, than with Windows 10's new Menu.

Tried both for a few weeks each - then decided on one and it was really no contest. Probably almost 10X more options to tweak Classic Shell to your liking.

Tried it for a few hours then uninstalled and went back to regular Win 10.

When I was trying it, it became obvious how irrelevant the OS and computing devices have become to usability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back