08 caravan / oil seeping from spark plug

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed oil burning smell and looked around the motor and found that oil is seeping from one of my spark plugs. It's definately not leaking down onto it. It's dry on top of the motor and it's clearly coming from the plug. Any ideas what this problem Could be?

Leaking spark plug seal/grommet?

There are about 3 different engines I think that year depending upon market; what engine is it? Some have spark plug seals from what I can see and others don't.

If it is doing what my wifes Kia did, after a while the well filled up with oil and caused the plug to misfire. It's done that twice. And it was the valve cover gasket letting oil leak into the plug well. First it started shaking, then the CEL came on and it ran on 3 cylinders.,,,

If engine is running fine not really hurting anything. Depends on how bad it is as too how long it will run fine though. It might go 100,000 miles like that or get bad and misfires in 5,000 miles. My Montero had this issue and I drove it like this for about 30,000 miles before fixing it. IT was the spark plug gasket which I don't think all vehicles have these.

Originally Posted By: Mark72
Is it hurting anything driving it until I get it checked and fixed?

how long are you going to postpone the proper repair?

I'm not postponing anything. Its going into the shop next Friday.
I just meant that I was worried I might be making something worse to drive it until then. I just wont take it any long trips until then. I have no idea what the issue is. As of now, it has zero driveability issues. Idles smooth, drives smooth, no misfires, etc..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back