Happy Gravity Wave Day !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what disbelief in zero leads to. The mathematicians should have the reigns.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
I have a problem with mathematicians having the reigns in this area. The universe is messy. Nothing follows math cleanly. I don't believe the universe started out as infinitely small with infinite mass. I don't believe in infinity. I'm not sure I believe in zero either. Still thinking about that.I don't care for the hand waving that goes on when the math breaks down.

Well.neither you and I can understand the math..not really. The best minds have a clear understanding as far as .000000000000000000000000001 seconds after "creation of the universe and its size was .0000000000000000000000000000000000001 cm. (Plank length). Apparently the math, theory, and observation all agree. You certainly are free to nt believe it.

I have read dozens of books on it and although I can't do the math. The splitting of forces, inflation, and phase transition are pretty straight forward. Verified by Planck satellite

Most people wouldn't believe that a "particle" doesn't exist except as a "probability wave"

Originally Posted By: Al
[

Well.neither you and I can understand the math..not really. The best minds have a clear understanding

Right. It's all very clear, until they come up with a different explanation. Until then they come up with things like inflation and dark energy to make the square peg fit a round hole

Back when we thought there were 3 elements, it was all very clear as well.

What happened to string theory? Sheldon has been reassigned.

I'm not convinced that a set of theories that requires more invisible and undetectable matter/energy to exist than visible/tangible has quite got it right.

(My mobious theory can explain acceleration, contraction, AND infinite space)

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I'm not convinced that a set of theories that requires more invisible and undetectable matter/energy to exist than visible/tangible has quite got it right.

Did you see that article I linked? It goes directly to that idea.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

(My mobious theory can explain acceleration, contraction, AND infinite space)

Oh, yea, I wanna hear this.

I don't have the math to get anywhere near it, and for explanation will rely on just a 1D Mobius strip universe, much like they do the 2D rubber sheet demonstration of gravity.

Make a mobius strip, and create the big bang at a point on it...stuff starts shooting away from the point, along the single plane that is the strip...the strip is continuous, i.e. finite in "volume".

At the half life point, the two lines of matter are on opposite ends of the "known" universe, but right next to each other separated only by a membrane. (insert dark matter, and wormholes as ideas here).

At the 2/3 life point, the blackness of empty space beyond the expansion will change as the light of the big bang from the other arm should be starting to be invisible, and the two fronts should be attracting each other, and accelerating towards each other on the back end of the strip...only to meet at the point that they started on the other side of the membrane as a big crunch, ready for the big bang II, and III, IV etc.

I dunno...just a thought experiment.

Is it translatable into "3D" ? (see original disclaimer on the 2D rubber sheet gravity analogy).

Does gravity cross the membrane ?

Originally Posted By: kschachn

Quote:
The only way to establish an absolute measure of energy is using gravity

Originally Posted By: kschachn

Quote:
The only way to establish an absolute measure of energy is using gravity

Yes and specifically the last part of the article where he discusses how throwing a bunch of free parameters into the ether to make things work is usually indicative of an underlying fundamental misunderstanding. It reminds me of dark matter, negative energy, and all the other constructs to make theory fit the observation that the universe is accelerating as it is expanding.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
so where do the turtles fit into the equation?

I know for a fact it's a turtle, not a clover or elephant...

There are infinite # of turtles all the way down. You might have just developed the concept that merges Gravity and Quantum Mechanics.

Your comment went over most heads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back