Pentastar Cylinder Head, Service Writer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
My original left cylinder head is an AF. That's why I'm so dissapointed - I thought it couldn't happen to me. I'm out of town but will be home tomorrow afternoon. I will be visiting the service department. Man I wish I had straight answers. Friday I was told they will replace lifters and if that doesn't work the whole head. But he also told me these parts are on order. And he also told me it would be done Monday (yesterday). I do not care if it takes a month as long as I have a rental covered and it's fixed right. I just wish he could be straightforward instead of making confusing and conflicting statements.

Finally met with the service manager and another service writer who will be giving me daily updates from now on. This afternoon he called and informed me that it is most likely just a lifter and the technician will be working on it tomorrow morning. He expects it to be all done by Friday. His communication was clear and I am hopeful that we are getting somewhere. He also said they made a mistake and will make it right - that Chrysler will not pay for a rental this long, but that they will be taking care of it, because it's their fault.

Finally got my car back and it's fixed and quiet, and coverd under factory powertain warranty. The technician found that lifters 5, 3, 6, 2 and 1 were collapsed. They replaced all the lifters and rockers per "star case s-1309000016". I'm pretty sure it's quieter than I've ever heard it, not to mention the more obvious tick noise being gone.

Strange that this happened. From my research on these vans, the 2013 models are supposed to have the updated cylinder head already.

Unless this wasn't an issue with the cylinder head, and just the lifters and rockers.

According to the paperwork and what I was told, neither head was changed. Hopefully now that I'm driving it and changing the oil nothing else will go wrong (it was a rental for its forst 53k miles). I generally drive pretty gently, and as far as oil goes, well, I'm a member of this site, so, that should be pretty obvious.

Originally Posted By: Oscar_Ruitt
According to the paperwork and what I was told, neither head was changed. Hopefully now that I'm driving it and changing the oil nothing else will go wrong (it was a rental for its forst 53k miles). I generally drive pretty gently, and as far as oil goes, well, I'm a member of this site, so, that should be pretty obvious.

Glad you got this resolved. I have a Dodge GC which was a program car. It's been great. The Pentastar engine is really great. Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm glad it worked out. If you were in fact 2 quarts low on oil they should have noticed it early in the week when they took it in to check and order parts. So I didn't believe that story, and why did they fix it and not deny the warranty for low oil? I say they were B-S'ing you. Either way make sure the filter housing isn't leaking into the engine valley between the heads. It is a known issue as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back