Cheap Electric Pressure Washer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
I'm looking for a cheaper electric pressure washer. I'm draining the pool tomorrow and need to scrub it out. I'll also use it to wash walkways and that sort of stuff. Don't need anything super heavy duty.

Sometimes I see them for $90-$100 at Harbor Freight, Ace Hardware, Home Depot. Any recommendations?

I'd get a gas one decent ones are around 230$

Power washing would be around 3-5x faster.

They rate power washers in "cleaning units"

psi x gallon

electric is usually [email protected] or 1.8 cleaning units

Cheap gas unit would be [email protected]
or aprox 3x faster cleaning.

They also tend to last much much longer than electric.

Check the pawn shops in your area if you don't mind a little shopping/haggling. Around here they get pawned fairly frequently. Check it good before you buy it.

Multiplying the PSI X the GPM shows that the Ace Hardware one is the most powerful. 1600 psi at 1.58 GPM. If it doesn't work out well I'll just return it. It's $109

Looks like their return policy is store credit only. I might just get the 1600 psi 1.2 GPM one from Lowe's

I wouldn't buy anything I couldn't return, especially something like this. The electric ones don't have a ton of power and you may not find it too useful. For a job as big as you describe, you might want to look into renting a good gas powered one.

I bought this one from Home Depot, I liked the form factor and pretty much just use it to wash the car and light jobs around the house.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-1600-PSI-1-2-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-RY141600/205566079

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I wouldn't buy anything I couldn't return, especially something like this. The electric ones don't have a ton of power and you may not find it too useful. For a job as big as you describe, you might want to look into renting a good gas powered one.

I bought this one from Home Depot, I liked the form factor and pretty much just use it to wash the car and light jobs around the house.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-1600-PSI-1-2-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-RY141600/205566079
I might get that one.

Last year to clean the pool I rented an electric one from Home Depot, it did a good job but likely a lot more powerful than these cheap ones.

Have tried many electricals and found none that last or work well.

Get a cheaper/used gas one and be more satisfied long term.

I prefer electric and quiet, but sadly this is needed for this application. For example, I have both an electric and gas chainsaw, and use the electric 90% of the time when the job isn't too big. But for even walkways and such, electric ones don't cut it here. I live in the PNW and this is a constant need, electrics are not up to it.

electric makes tons of noise too. My gas one 30ft away isn't as loud as the electric I use occasionally for work.

Also buyer beware on the ratings.. some will give you multiple ratings

1800 psi 1.6gpm

what it doesn't tell you is its 1800psi (needle spray setting) its 1.2gpm

and when its on fan spray low pressure say (1100psi) its 1.6gpm.

so unless it says "[email protected]" it might vary.

IIRC My troy built with a honda 160 motor that wont die is rated

[email protected]
2600psi at 2.3gal
(or close)

I got the same one you have dishdude. I hooked it up and it seems to be decent, definitely not a powerhouse but adequate. Got the 2 year free replacement warranty for $18.

Tomorrow I'm pressure washing the pool, will let you guys know how it did in case someone else is looking for one.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

I bought this one from Home Depot, I liked the form factor and pretty much just use it to wash the car and light jobs around the house. I don't have a pool, but for the car, furniture and sidewalk it's perfect. I don't have a pool, but for the car, patio furniture and sidewalk it's perfect.

I got the same one you have dishdude. I hooked it up and it seems to be decent, definitely not a powerhouse but adequate. Got the 2 year free replacement warranty for $18.

Tomorrow I'm pressure washing the pool, will let you guys know how it did in case someone else is looking for one.

I bought the warranty too, for something like this it seemed like a no brainer. It does a good job, but it's not as powerful as the gas ones. For what I use it for, I am happy. I like that it won't tip over when I pull on the hose like all the other electrics. I don't have a pool, but for the car, patio furniture and sidewalk it does a good job.

I bought a Karcher electric 3 or 4 years ago. It appears identical to their current K5.68 model. I think I paid around $175 for it. These units are heavier than snot and wheels are a big advantage for moving. The hose is stiff plastic rather than reinforced rubber which makes the hose more difficult to use.

I am satisfied with it and use it once a year or so. Cleaning off mold & mildew from wolmanized lumber fences and decks. It won't reach far enough from the wand to clean siding on a two story house, but will easily clean most other items.

A Brother-In-Law had the large two level wooden deck on his home ruined by someone using a gas powered washer with the pressure set far too high. You can still do shallow damage with an electric unit if you aren't careful but you won't be able to ruin anything provided you use even a smidgen of care.

Last edited:
Ok, the pressure washer has done a fantastic job. I expected no more of it, it has done great, so if anyone is looking for one, I recommend the one in that link.

I have an electric Karcher, too. I like it better than my gas powered.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
can you use it on the deck?
I don't see why not.

It has 3 spray heads. 1 is real powerful, gotta be careful with what you use it on. The next one is the typical pressure washer head, still powerful. The blue one is low pressure, it's to be used with the soap tank that's on it for washing cars/RVs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back