Superbowl picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
If you look at how the refs called the "Stupor Bowl" there is NOT question that the game was rigged from the start. PLENTY OF OBVIOUSLY BAD CALLS THAT APPEARED TO BE DELIBERATE.

That being said I don't care about pro sports anyhow but this kind of evidence proves that the NFL is the WWE of football.

Turn on ESPN any day of the week and an NFL, NBA or MLB athlete is always up to something and it's not always in a positive light. Scandals have become a part of the daily professional sports news and some would even argue it's the reason why those leagues are so popular: they're always up to something that is going to put a player's face and the team he plays for in the news.

NHL is the league of "good boys," where excessive trouble is hard to find. Other than the latest injuries and players on a hot streak, the headlines are filled with players putting their off-ice time into charity.

The only kind of celebrating that should be done after a touchdown is the "Late Night" band with their leader!

NFL/NBA is a joke, compared to college football/basketball, College is held to a higher standard than the "professionals". That is what needs to change.

Last edited:
If you look at how the refs called the "Stupor Bowl" there is NOT question that the game was rigged from the start. PLENTY OF OBVIOUSLY BAD CALLS THAT APPEARED TO BE DELIBERATE.

That being said I don't care about pro sports anyhow but this kind of evidence proves that the NFL is the WWE of football.

I think saying the game was rigged is sort of ridiculous. Sorry, but it just is. People can talk about bad ref's or ref's with a bias sure( they can do that in any sport/game )but to say it was rigged implies a conspiracy to a level I just can't accept. Also, clearly you are implying it was rigged to allow Denver and Peyton Manning to win. I actually felt the bad and non calls favored the losing team; Carolina. By quite a margin actually. For the game to be rigged in Denver's favor it would have to be the other way around.

2 things really stood out to me as far as calls and non calls go that actually helped Carolina stay as close as they did....

1 - that crazy taunting penalty against Talib(DEN) that gave Carolina 15 yds they did not earn and extended a drive( called on 3rd down ). It didn't end up helping Carolina score but it did give them an extra set of downs instead of making them punt. It also meant they were 20+ yards further along when they did punt which put Denver further back. I haven't got a clue what the ref was thinking there? Both Talib and the Carolina player were going at each other equally. Both shoving and jawing away. Never saw a "taunt" by either side. It was nuts.

2 - There weren't ANY holding calls against Carolina( O-Line ). Not one. 3 False start penalties so they were watching the line but to not call holding the entire game against Carolina is ridiculous. I can't remember the last time I saw so many blatant holds not called? Not making those calls really impacted the game. It "could'( not would )have been a blow out.

When a pass rusher gets past the O-Lineman blocking him and then seems to almost be stuck running in place and/or is leaning backward as they try and run forward there is only one reason = he is being held onto. Denver got hit with holding( O-Line )but not once for Carolina despite them being desperate to slow the Denver pass rush down and being over matched which ALWAYS leads to holding calls.

Denver could have had a dozen+ sacks if not for all the holding not called. It was like the ref's felt bad for Newton getting hit so much and turned a blind eye to the holding.

As far as things going against Carolina. I saw 2 things go against Carolina fans have a right to gripe about. I also saw one thing though Carolina fans are complaining about that was actually called correctly by the ref's...

1 - The pass competition over turned via replay. That was a really close one and it surprised me it was over turned. I personally do not feel the WR had control of the ball long enough, under the modern rules and how they are enforced, to let it stand as a completion but thought sure it would. With that said I think it was caught and held onto long enough before he started bobbling it on the way to the ground. I think the rules require holding it way too long now. So was it a catch? IMO yes but according to the rules it was very close but probably should have stayed a catch because replay was inconclusive that he maintained control all the way to the ground without it touching.

2 - PI. I saw one really blatant PI not called against Denver. It should have been no doubt. I have no issue with the called PI's and defensive holds, or the non calls made in the game, though for both sides. I think the ref's let a lot go for both sides, unless it was really blatant, as fans should want = let the players play. That one PI non call though should have drawn a flag. Just as the defensive holding called against Carolina down near the goal line late was the right call throwing the PI flag against Denver would have been too.

The thing I am seeing Carolina fans, and even actual Carolina players, gripe about that was handled correctly by the ref's was the hit on Newton late in the game where he had a hissy fit no flag was thrown.

Defensive players, after the QB has passed the ball, are allowed by rule one step towards the QB and still be able to hit him. If it takes more than one step to get to the QB and they hit him it is a late hit. Defenders going full tilt can't be expected to just haul up short when they are already on top of the QB because he managed to get the ball away a fraction of a second before they get to him. At the least they deserve that one step cushion and even that at times isn't granted like it should be.

The Denver defender( think it was Wolfe but? )took one step and one step only after the ball was thrown and then wrapped Newton up and tackled him. Totally legal and in accordance with league rules. The ref's did not miss it or just let it go. QB's are over protected these days. It is getting so you can't even look at them without drawing a flag. Good on the ref's for not throwing a flag on a play that was 100% legal.

Newton should watch Peyton Mannings post game press conference after Denver lost to Seattle 43-8. He could probably learn something.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
We all need to figure out what Wade is doing. I've never seen a rush like that.

I don't think that Wade did much of anything except make the best use of the talents that his players have, and never stop using their strengths all game long.

No , even the most talented player on the planet gets winded. They just kept coming and coming.

At the end of the AFC game we saw some tiring, as Brady passed on every play. If we had been able to get to OT, we would have burn them out.

Denver's defense much like Seattle a couple of years ago could rotate 8 defensive linemen in and out to help from getting winded. Unfortunately keeping Miller and Wolfe will eat up their cap space and key contributors such as Jackson will go else where to get paid.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Oh here we go with the "game is rigged" garbage again...

The games ARE often times rigged, as are many pro sports events.
This is a fact. If you saw the calls those refs made (and it was MORE than just a couple CRITICAL calls) you are closing your eyes and don't want to see the reality.

Last edited:

This is a fact. If you saw the calls those refs made (and it was MORE than just a couple CRITICAL calls) you are closing your eyes and don't want to see the reality.

Loosen tha tinfoil hat.

This is not a fact...be careful not to cut yourself while polishing your tin foil hat...

This is not a fact...be careful not to cut yourself while polishing your tin foil hat...

Cycling, Tennis, and you don't think it can't happen with
the NFL....?
crackmeup2.gif
crazy2.gif
lol.gif
happy2.gif

Cycling, Tennis, and you don't think it can't happen with
the NFL....?
crackmeup2.gif
crazy2.gif
lol.gif
happy2.gif

People like you are too whacko to even converse with...

NBA, late nineties to early 2000's, games involving the Lakers.

Keep your head in the sand, it won't change the reality of
pro sports having rigged games.

Sorry, I don't believe in tooth fairy's or unicorns either...

Nope, name calling won't change the reality either.

Nope, name calling won't change the reality either.

You apparently have no grasp on reality...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back