Carrier A/C moving ALL production to Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the greed just keeps on growing, United Technologies
which owns Carrier A/C (also produce units under the Trane brand and some others) is moving ALL production AND distribution to
Mexico in the next couple of years.

I'm going to call their corporate offices on Monday and let them know that I will NEVER be buying a product they produce outside of the USA again, and I'll be telling everyone I know also to NOT buy their products.

Maybe you should call their corporate offices and offer $50 million not to do it. Welcome to the USA friend.

The actual reason why they are leaving would be interesting to know. Poor business decisions? State-level taxes, laws or regulations? Federal-level taxes, laws or regulations?

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Facing government regulations, taxes and the lack of recourse for violations what would you do?

How about what plenty of other companies do, have their lobbyists get the regulations changed??.

They are mainly doing this to pay the employees far less in wages.

I hope that if Trump gets elected that products produced OUTSIDE of the USA get slapped with huge tariffs. Fact is when strictly enforced, tariffs work well.

Another child of the brain-dead NAFTA agreement. Still hard to believe that was signed into law by a Democratic president (Clinton). Talk about selling out your (union) constituents!

Quote:
The president of Carrier HVAC systems announced to Indianapolis employees Wednesday that at least 1400 jobs are moving to Monterrey Mexico beginning in 2017.

Quote:
This was not expected at all," Chris Jones, president of United Steelworkers Local 1999 told the Indianapolis Business Journal. The local represents 1,300 workers at the Indianapolis plant.

"At no time did we think this was a possibility. The plant had been there a long time. It was very profitable, and we had not had a lot of issues."

Quote:
"This move is intended to address the challenges we continue to face in a rapidly changing HVAC industry, with the continued migration of the HVAC industry to Mexico, including our suppliers and competitors, and ongoing cost and pricing pressures driven, in part, by new regulatory requirements. Relocating our operations to a region where we have existing infrastructure and a strong supplier base will allow us to operate more cost effectively so that we can continue to produce high-quality HVAC products that are competitively positioned while continuing to meet customer needs."

"This decision is difficult and we recognize the impact on employees, their families and the community," Nelson said regarding the status of the employees. "We are committed to ensuring that our employees are treated respectfully and to working closely with their representatives throughout this transition."

Don't boycott Carrier, you really should be boycotting United Technologies. They "own" Carrier, and tell the Carrier President his marching orders!!!

When you read on the Corporate site, their focus is these three areas:

"CUSTOMERS, STAKEHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES"

Any company with "Stakeholders" as it's priorities just cannot be good! United Tech. lacks focus, any corporate entity with "profit" as their goal will sell you out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Another child of the brain-dead NAFTA agreement. Still hard to believe that was signed into law by a Democratic president (Clinton). Talk about selling out your (union) constituents!

Nafta is the reason I have a 6 figure 100% remote it position where I work from home. It's not all bad.....

Anyone complaining about this is anti-capitalism. Dictating where a company operates/does business is called communism.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
I hope that if Trump gets elected that products produced OUTSIDE of the USA get slapped with huge tariffs. Fact is when strictly enforced, tariffs work well.

And everything will be so high priced that none of us will be able to afford anything. Unnatural taxation is not capitalism.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Anyone complaining about this is anti-capitalism. Dictating where a company operates/does business is called communism.

Government dictating where a company does business is communism. Consumers dictating where a company does business by voting with their dollars is capitalism.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS

Government dictating where a company does business is communism. Consumers dictating where a company does business by voting with their dollars is capitalism.

The problem is cheap always wins out.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

And everything will be so high priced that none of us will be able to afford anything. Unnatural taxation is not capitalism.

Since when did the US Constitution mention "capitalism" as a cornerstone of the USA? Actually as many here darn well know the Founding Fathers were very concerned about the influence of big business on "We The People's" government. I can see many here calling the FF
ANTI-capitalists.
whistle.gif

Forget about high prices who do you think is going to be left in the USA that can pay for expensive luxuries like automobiles and
yes central air units? Surely not the waitress making minimum wage or less and getting small tips from the increasingly poor jobless patrons.

Last edited:
Is this the part where we play the marching band music and take arms against the government like all those other sordid posts you made when the Oregon maroons gave up?

I'm tired of junk. I bought some fruit of the loom socks the other day..shocked to see some types were made in USA. I paid 13.44$ for 6 pairs..yep I could of got 10 pairs for 7$ but nope I think it would be great if we support local (canada/usa). Lets not rely on other countries. I dont think we wouldnt be able to afford it. I am getting quoted by Lennox for heat pump...more for me to think about...

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Maybe Obozo can gets these folks jobs down in Mexico ?

Everything is sunshine and roses in the USA. Unemployment will drop to 3% just before the election.
smirk.gif

Oh, calling him Obozo now. Keep those quality political posts up!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle

Yes NAFTA at it's finest. Biggest sell out of American jobs I have seen in my life time. What's scary to me is Bill's wife being president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back