Royal Enfield Himalayan....Giddy Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will sell over the pond for $3,000 US....maybe $4-5K here in the states....still a bargain.

Originally Posted By: Atesz792
Watch for the right footpeg literally breaking off when landing from a small jump in the factory promo video.

Yep - take a look at 1:51, you can see his right foot suddenly in free air. They have actually pulled the original video and this one is slightly edited, because in the original you can see the rider look down at his foot and then behind to see what happened - in the linked one here (edited) you see him just start to look down then it cuts away. If you do a freeze-frame at 1:53 you can actually see the footpeg in the dirt behind the bike.

I've not heard anything very good about the quality of these bikes.

A Ural is, from what I've read, a lot better quality and more reliable. Much more expensive though...and still possibly not up to the reliability of a common name-brand bike.

Watch for the right footpeg literally breaking off when landing from a small jump in the factory promo video.

"Break off" ??
I can see falling off - perhaps a loose nut/bolt assy ...........

I wouldn't condemn a bike because a part became disconnected during rigorous testing.

I didn't condemn it, just thought I'd share.
What I don't understand is how they allowed it to find its way into the factory promo video.

I didn't condemn it, just thought I'd share.
What I don't understand is how they allowed it to find its way into the factory promo video.

Makes you hope they pay more attention to detail when building the bikes, than editing the footage for the promos. haha

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
I wouldn't condemn a bike because a part became disconnected during rigorous testing.

Would you condemn it if it became disconnected during vigorous riding? Doing something that the promotional video showed that the bike could do? If you then fell under a truck? If you were left injured, or worse? Or would you just chalk it up to "one of those things"?

Parts should not fall off of bikes no matter how they are ridden. Especially parts that are fundamentally designed to stay in place so that the rider can. "Oops, I forgot to torque that wheel axle bolt up" is scant consolation at your funeral.

You're right though, we can't tell if the footpeg came undone or sheared off. Neither is acceptable though. And to put it in your advertising.....?! Perhaps a case of the most truthful advertising campaign ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back