Status
Not open for further replies.
daAr2v7.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Thanks for posting your picture.

Welcome!

Last edited:
Now if we can just get people to follow the advice Kuato has illustrated.

SatinSilver, I think I've seen "grill" applied to cars, but I suspect it's mainly a British usage. You're right, though: You'd never cook burgers on a "grille."

I find it amazing how many people with high level degrees can't even spell correctly. I remember having a college professor who couldn't spell to save his life. Not sure how he got the job and it was very hard to take anything he said seriously.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Thank's for posting you're picture.

crackmeup2.gif

To quote a former member and dedicated grammar critic, it's "hear, their, everywear.
56.gif

I hope no one cares about these minor details when posting on internet boards. Typing on a smart phone is not easy (fat thumbs) along with autocorrect. As long as the message gets across there is no need for exact spelling and punctuation.

OMG. LOL. IMO.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
I find it amazing how many people with high level degrees can't even spell correctly. I remember having a college professor who couldn't spell to save his life. Not sure how he got the job and it was very hard to take anything he said seriously.

Probably not many college programs will fail you if you don't spell correctly.

The professor on the other hand...

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
I hope no one cares about these minor details when posting on internet boards. Typing on a smart phone is not easy (fat thumbs) along with autocorrect. As long as the message gets across there is no need for exact spelling and punctuation.

Yeah, but after a while you get used to it and just stop caring altogether, and when it's finally time to write something important/official correctly, you have no idea how.

Personally, I find that it's a lot easier to get the message across if the content of said message is not riddled with errors. Plus, you are taken more seriously.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Politics is more important in the halls of ivy than spelling. Especially with the new "gender neutral. There are new and annoying "gender neutral" terms being dreamed up every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back