Mobil Delvac ATF in a regular car transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy BITOG posters long time listener, first time caller. I've gleaned quite a bit from this forum.

My question is this. My wife's Infiniti FX35 with a Jatco JR710E/JR711E auto tranny needs a change. I was looking at different options including OEM Matic-S, Valvoline Maxlife, or Mobil 1. I'd like to use a full synthetic and came across the Delvac stuff. Its listed for heavy duty use and approved for Allison transmissions. Can I use this stuff? Would it be safe? Would Maxlife be better? I'd like extended drain intervals and obviously great protection over that time.

Do not put that stuff in your tranny unless you want to buy a new transmission. Just because it is ok for an HD Allison does not mean it is ok for your infiniti. I would either go for the OEM Nissan stuff or Valvoline Maxlife. Caveat about the maxlife- check out a car forum specific to your vehicle and manufactuere and see if people have had good results. When in doubt- go oem.

First of all welcome.
To address your question my advice is to use the OEM recommended fluid. It just isn't worth experimenting with other products that were never tested or approved for use in combination with the materials and operating system in your transmission.
My opinion.

Well, if not the Delvac, I'm leaning towards the Valvoline Maxlife. Browsing through various forums, noone is sure if Matic-S is a full synth or semi-synth blend.

From the Valvoline Product Info pdf:

Suitable for use in:
Ford MERCON®LV applications
GM DEXRON®=II, DEXRON®=III and DEXRON®=VI applications
Nissan/Infiniti Matic D, Matic J, Matic K, and Matic S applications
and bunch of others

Interestingly enough it also lists:
Allison C4 and TES=389 applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back