PL10241 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first cut-n-post on BITOG, but not the first filter I've opened up. This P1 came off my son's 06 Ford Focus with around 100k miles. The oil and filter were in use for about 8 months, 5500 miles. I replaced it with an MCFL910S. The filter looked fine to me - no tears, fairly even pleats, except near the crimp. ADBV was very pliable and the end caps were solidly attached.

redir
redir
redir
redir
redir
redir
redir

Last edited:
Maybe you can post pictures instead of links? Im not being a wise guy you did better then i could do but pictures would be easier to see.. By the way welcome to BITOG and thank you for your cut and post.

Yes, MC 5w20 synblend is what we've been running for the last 40k miles. I agree with Kira - the oil was in remarkably good shape. I'm sure the OCI could be extended on this car.

That is a nice looking filter. And the oil looks brand new. The internals of the engine must be very clean. Keep doing what you're doing and you should have no engine problems.
Thanx for the C&P.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Looks good. 5500/8months reasonable oci/fci with this combo, probably could extend some if you choose.

Whatever you're doing looks to be working well.

Thanks for the C&P.

Pleat spacing not bad ... still a bit wide at the seam. Looks good overall.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

There aren't many filters that are all evenly spaced. Not even fu.

Originally Posted By: jhellwig
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

There aren't many filters that are all evenly spaced. Not even fu.

Pleat spacing isn't as critical on wire backed media. It is however critical on filters that have very brittle and easily torn media. It's all relative to what kind of delta-p the media can take without damage.

wow one that did not tear or look distorted or anything...Odd !
The one in a million....lol I still wont use one of those ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back