Seems like common sense to me......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, we have plenty of great laws being selectively enforced. That's literally tyranny by whoever makes the decision to enforce what.

Real enforcement, not selective...

Originally Posted By: bradepb
+1 Enforce existing laws.
No, that's stupid. We need new laws on law abiding folks to reinforce the laws that aren't enforced on criminals.

Originally Posted By: hatt
No, that's stupid. We need new laws on law abiding folks to reinforce the laws that aren't enforced on criminals.

Or else you could adapt Bernie Sanders idea. Just let all the criminals out of jail.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: hatt

Or else you could adapt Bernie Sanders idea. Just let all the criminals out of jail.
Sounds reasonable these days. Remember that we should fight ISIS by giving them jobs. And give the ISIS folks with good jobs better jobs somewhere.

Some should be repealed IMHO. Starting some of the executive orders such as the 1989 Non Sporting Ban.

Last edited:
The NRA is asking politicians to do their job. What a concept. I wonder if politicians have every thought of doing something like that. The question is, where would they start?

Sadly, common sense is becoming more and more a rarity now days.
Same old bull over and over.
"We Need to amend these laws" or add new laws for this or that.
What is needed is to just enforce the laws we have in most instances.

Originally Posted By: billt460

Isn't California doing exactly that, right now?

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

Some should be repealed IMHO. Starting some of the executive orders such as the 1989 Non Sporting Ban.

Exactly. The 2nd doesn't have anything to do with "sporting" or "hunting" firearms. Just like the 1986 law prohibiting NFA weapons (mainly full auto) made after '86 being registered. Who exactly is that protecting??? Nonsensical infringement on the Constitution.
crazy.gif

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Seems to me that background checks are an infringement to an American citizen's right to bear arms.

The second amendment has always been a punch in the gut to liberals. Thankfully the founding fathers knew the importance of a large armed society.

Without the second amendment we wouldn't be citizens today, we would be property of the state. The Govt knows that they can't take our guns away. The armed American society is far too strong. We have 100 million gun owners in America holding over 300 million known firearms. Some believe the actual count is much higher than that. Many of these are ex military and police who are well trained.

The AR-15 is the most popular rifle and most civilian units are in much better shape than the military m4 rifles. The American public owns many high powered .50 caliber rifles, and nearly every large hunting rifle is capable of long range contact.

They Can't take our right away unless we give up the right. We are far too strong and far to heavily armed. Not only are 100 million of us armed, several million of us are ex- military and or LE trained. The US isn't Austrailia, no officers I know are going to volunteer to knock on doors and confiscate rifles from citizens. That is suicide. Don't let the media convince you otherwise. The gun owners of America would be the largest and most powerful standing army in the world if we chose to be.

God bless amendment #2

Last edited:
Of course just now we likely lost our advantage in the Supreme Court. Scalia just passed and Obama gets another position to fill and I expect Mitch McConnell won't fight much as usual.

Its the mentally ill killers that are threatening all of us. Our 2nd amendment rights are at risk due to the insane.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Its the mentally ill killers that are threatening all of us. Our 2nd amendment rights are at risk due to the insane.

Most of this is because we let the seriously deranged walk among us. Starting in the 60's, as the abuses and shortfalls of our state institutions came to light they simply shut them down instead of fixing them. Now we just shove pills on people that used to kept separate from society.

We are also fighting a losing 30 year war on drugs which has fueled violence on our streets to prohibition like heights.

And then there is the whole slow long death of the American dream, leaving many depressed, angry, and hopeless.

We have serious societal ills that are the real malady in America. The gun violence problem is the symptom, not the real disease. At least that is the way this libertarian minded individual sees it. I don't blame an inanimate object with no intrinsic good or evil like many in the political class do.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Of course just now we likely lost our advantage in the Supreme Court. Scalia just passed and Obama gets another position to fill and I expect Mitch McConnell won't fight much as usual.

+1 scary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back