Filtertran Filter From My Vehicle 96K Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehicle is from my 2006 Toyota Camry V6 with 96K. Its really a screen, not a filter.

6BRJMiml.jpg

igiaDJ9l.jpg

VFsTRMxl.jpg

yea I change them on all my Toyotas, the magnet is full of metal debris and you can see some on your filter too.

But all in all, after this and an obvious fluid change, it still shifts good!

Originally Posted By: KingCake
What kind of pan gaskets do they use? Or is it FIPG?
before I used the pan gasket that came with the set, not anymore, the original gaskets doesn't leak when used again and is less messy because the replacement one, always has to be kept in place with an adhesive.

I obviously double check for leaks and I don't gorilla tight things, even the oem suggested torque is too much, as it made the gaskets leak from over tightening a few times before.

I used the smallest 1/4" ratchet in sight and use the lever arm on it for tightening, it hasn't leaked on me using this for the last 30 Toyotas, mostly corollas & celicas.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Smash the plastic back with a hammer and you can get the felt filter out and open it up.

That's where the chips reside. You can't tell anything without busting it open.

That is JUST Like the one that was in my mom's Highlander. That ain't no screen, that's a filter. That is the exact same material as every other tranny FILTER I've ever installed. I replaced her filter with the OEM filtran. I didn't have any problem using the OEM gasket. Hopefully I didn't overtighten stuff. I'll have to check for leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back