the "search" feature is terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forum search feature is terrible. Let me try to itemize the issues I'm having.

1) The single biggest problem is that when it shows me results that match my search query it shows individual posts in the same thread as separate results. This occurs even when I search "in subject only".

2) No matter the time range I choose (usually the maximum of 5 years) it only show me what, the most recent 200 matches? Now, if problem number 1 above didn't happen, this might not be too big a deal (it would still be a bit of a problem). But because of number 1, my 200 matches are usually taken up by 3 or 4 threads that ran on and on and on.

3) There is some other problem I can't define, but the end result is when I search for the keyword "wix" it returns zero results. I've tried many different time ranges, I tried capitalizing Wix, I tried searching subject and body, I search individual forum sections or all of BITOG, it always returns literally zero results. It tells me to broaden my search query.

Thanks for your attention gents.

They archive things to speed up the forum, use Google like this.

If I wanted to search for something like a Buick uoa....

"Buick UOA site:Bobistheoilguy.com"

Without the quotes obviously and you'll find what you need

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

Beat by two people haha

You probably said something to deserve it.... lol

That's what happens every time I recommend someone a Fram Ultra

If you don't want to type in "site:www.bobistheoilguy.com" every time, just google search "wix bitog" and then click all search results. Or what you're looking for might be one of the first links provided.

I always just type "bitog"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back