Body was there for months......

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...lmart/80220276/

Quote:

The body of a missing California woman likely sat in a Walmart parking lot for months before anyone noticed, according to authorities.

Lauren Moss, 22, was reported missing out of Seaside, Calif., in mid-November, according to Monterey County Sheriff’s Office Cmdr. John Thornburg.

Her body was found in a parked car in a Walmart parking lot in Salinas, Calif., last week, according to authorities.

While toxicology results are still pending, it’s believed that the cause of death was likely a suicide.

Store employees reported that the vehicle had been there for some time, had tinted windows and didn’t appear out of the ordinary, Salinas Police Cmdr. Vincent Maiorana said. Security camera footage of the parking lot showed the car had been parked in the lot since December, according to police, KTLA-TV reported.

However, as employees began to look into the vehicle on Wednesday afternoon, they realized that there was a body inside and called police around 5 p.m.

The body was badly decomposed and appeared to have been there for some time, Maiorana has said.

Unreal!

Doesn't surprise me. If it was parked at the far end of the lot, not many people park there so I could see one sitting there for quite awhile. Everyone just drives by. Even if they get a quick glimpse they probably just think the person is sleeping or something. Usually where people will sleep if they are doing so in their car.

Anybody want to buy a used car?
laugh.gif

Yup, even being beautiful doesn't prevent one from succumbing to the grips of mental illness. Very sad
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Yup, even being beautiful doesn't prevent one from succumbing to the grips of mental illness. Very sad
frown.gif

Nor money. Sad situation.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Drugs and alcohol are poison.

Don't see where it mentions drugs or alcohol are involved? In any case, people with depression often (higher than the gen. pop anyways) have an substance abuse problem of some sort, but its due to the depression, not the other way around.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I don't understand why young people committed suicide. So sad !

Young adults were sooooo sheltered and treated like babies, any problems in life will give them major depression. Life won't always go your way.... no need to kill yourself.

Young adults were sooooo sheltered and treated like babies, any problems in life will give them major depression. Life won't always go your way.... no need to kill yourself.

Horse [censored].
Please kindly learn about what depression actually is or keep your words to yourself.
It might appear some minor issue is what caused the self harm to occur but it would be more akin to a final straw type of thing.
People all the time have problems and might feel down and say they are 'depressed'. That doesn't make them diagnosed with depression.
Someone who has depression feels down, with a negative outlook on life more often than not. This is why useless advice calling it a "temporary problem" will only earn a scoff and ire from a depressed individual.
Thank you and please for leaving.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws

Horse [censored].
Please kindly learn about what depression actually is or keep your words to yourself.
It might appear some minor issue is what caused the self harm to occur but it would be more akin to a final straw type of thing.
People all the time have problems and might feel down and say they are 'depressed'. That doesn't make them diagnosed with depression.
Someone who has depression feels down, with a negative outlook on life more often than not. This is why useless advice calling it a "temporary problem" will only earn a scoff and ire from a depressed individual.
Thank you and please for leaving.

+1

There is a difference between people who claim they are depressed, and those who are actually diagnosed with clinical depression. While I agree today's kids are very sheltered (I'm 25 and see it in my own generation) there are also lots of kids who are stuck in screwed up situations and feel they can't escape.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Drugs and alcohol are poison.

Don't see where it mentions drugs or alcohol are involved? In any case, people with depression often (higher than the gen. pop anyways) have an substance abuse problem of some sort, but its due to the depression, not the other way around.

I saw on the local news that she had recently gotten out of rehab (not sure for what).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back