Lint Free Microfiber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have had great success with "Invisible Glass" cleaner and microfiber cloths at cleaning that haziness from inside windows. My problem is the small amounts of lint specs that show up in the bright sun and are as bad sometimes as looking through a hazed window. What towels have you had good results with?

And yes, mine are always washed and hung to dry. They are a few years old though.

Originally Posted By: Charlie1935
Wadded up news paper.

+1. Old trick that works. Too bad newspapers are becoming obsolete
smile.gif

Last edited:
I find that my microfiber has an oily film which I assume is detergent residue from the washer. It then leave a slight film on my windows so I use paper towels.

No, oily film on my MF towels, wash in hot water with basic TIDE detergent, use the extra rinse cycle and dry.
11.gif

I buy those cheapo microfiber towels at Sam's Club. The last ones I bought were orange, but previously they sold similar ones in yellow. I never have any problems with lint or residue. I wash them on the "super wash" cycle of my Maytag HE machine (extra hot water) with Tide HE detergent. I fill the fabric softener dispenser with white vinegar, which goes in the final rinse. After a quick cycle in the dryer at low heat, the microfiber towels are absolutely clean and lint-free.

Originally Posted By: Joel_MD
I fill the fabric softener dispenser with white vinegar, which goes in the final rinse.

This provides the best results. WV is very useful.

Originally Posted By: Smoky14
Microfiber= microlint

Can't escape it, or I haven't found out how.
Smoky

I have never met a professional detailer that didn't use microfiber (well I did see one and the guy was a hack).
microfiber = the best for detailing. Maybe you should try some high quality towels, or maybe it's just really, really bad luck.

I have FREE windshield replacement and chip repair on my truck through State Farm.
I had SafeLite come fix a chip in my windshield about 6-8 months ago. The tech gave me (2) cans of their brand of glass cleaner, FREE. I have always used Stoners Invisible Glass cleaner before I received this SL glass cleaner. The SL glass cleaner is the BEST I have ever used!
When I was working I bought some COBRA microfiber towels from AutoGeek.com just to use on my glass. They are the best in microfiber towels I have ever used.
2dlnrc5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back