Penzoil synthetic 5w 30 in my 06 4.6 Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this 06 GT beauty for 12k with 25700 miles last Oct ....since then I've added CAI from Ford racing ...Ford racing exhaust....Ford racing intake and cams....went from 259 rwhp to 322 rwhp....changed rotors and pads and some suspension parts and Contenintal tires made a huge diff over the Hankook tires that was on the car. Im sure it was motorcraft 5w 20 in it when I bought it.....switching to Penzoil Synthetic made noticeable difference in the engine sound at idle....now smooth and I changed out the transmission oil too but used Ford motorcraft. For a little over 16k i have a car that comes close to a new 30+k Mustang in performance.

4.6 modular motors wont have a problem with 5w30 , I ran it for 88K miles in my cvpi and ran it hard as a 1st responder vehicle , and way too many passes down the drag strip until I sold it 3 years ago

the motor is still alive as I sold it to one of the guys who I work with who always wanted a used cop car

enjoy the Pony it's on my short list for additionto my fleet of cars or if I sell off my buick
04.gif
04.gif

The guy that had it before me but a small trans cooler and an oil cooler on it.....plus a Ford racing fan. It runs cool

With the more aggressive cams you're better off with 5w30 over 5w20. And idle videos?

I always ran 5w30 Pennzoil Synthetic in my 03 Cobra that spec'd 5w20.

Sounds like a great car...enjoy your 'stang!
MC is good oil, but I too prefer Pennzoil Platinum and use it in my 5.0L F150

Last edited:
My friend that donates his time to our charity OCI's owns an 05 GT Mustang. He uses MC 5W30 or PP 5W30 in the engine, along with MC or FU oil filters.
He played around with the CPU a little bit and added a BORLA exhaust. That thing runs wicked scary!
34.gif

I have 123k miles on my 2005 4.6 Mustang GT. I have used synthetic or syn blend 5-20 its entire life with Motorcraft filters. The engine is as quiet as it was the day I bought it. Key to these 3 valve engines is good quality oil with a nice additive package and 4-5 k oil changes and Motorcraft fl 820s filters.
purchased November 2004 I prefer Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra

I run Maxlife in my 4.6L Explorer. She has 225,000 on the clock and runs well.....no drips, runs or leaks. I use Maxlife to prevent possible leaks, not solve them. These are good motors that will run on just about anything.

Your Pennzoil is a good choice. I run Fram Ultras in all my vehicles also.

My fiancee owns a 2007 Mustang GT with only 17,900 miles on it and we use 5W-20 Motorcraft blend in it. It usually gets changed once a year since it doesn't get used much.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back