Nexen Tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone heard of this brand or have any experiences with it? I see it rated fairly highly on a few sites, but I have not seen this brand before.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I recently bought a used Jeep Liberty that came with the Nexen Roadian HTX on it. They look practically new but I have no idea how many miles are actually on them so I can't speak about treadlife. But I can say that they are quiet and have performed well in the rain.

I have bought dozens of Nexens for our van chassis buses. Great tires for a medium price,, I also have them on my personal Escape with great wear so far at about 30,000 miles.

Yeah, the shop I used to work at had them on "special order" and A LOT of people ordered them because they were dirt cheap and well customers tend to not care about tires.

I don't think we ever had any issued that were related to the tires themselves. Uneven or quick wear was usually due to a poorly maintained vehicle.

I have had 2-3 sets of them on various cars...on a scale of 1-10 I give them a 6.5. They tend not to hold a balance well. I won't get them again.

Put some on the last Subaru forester - didn't like them. I think they were CP621 or the next touring model up in the line. Sloppy steering but quiet and decent ride. Wouldnt buy again.

I bought a single one in 2011 to use as a dimension matched full size spare (critical w/ a continuously linked AWD system) for my Subaru when I upsized the wheels from 16 to 17". Seemed like a quality tire for the money.

The tire hierarchy goes like this in my mind. Each brand has outliers, of course.

Top - Continental, Goodyear, Pirelli, Michelin, Bridgestone, etc

Mid - Falken, Kuhmo, Sumitomo, etc

Low - Nexen, Nankang, Firestone, etc

FAI - (Fogettaboutit) - Ohtsu, Primewell, etc.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Another foreign made tire people buy because they put an emphasis on price than supporting made in the USA.
Says the guy with an Audi and a VW? What is made in the USA anymore anyway? Both of my vehicles are Fords made of global parts. I try to purchase made in the USA more often than most, but it is becoming harder and harder to do so.

I've always bought Cooper tires because they were made in the USA. Now, it's only a few that are. Same goes for Goodyear, Firestone, and Bridgestone.

Do you want us to support America manufacturing, or just American names?

I haven't personally owned Nexens but they are a decent tire. If you have the money, spend it on Michelin LTX's. My dad has them on his F250, and a co-worker has them on his 2012 Duramax. Worth the money imo.

Nexen Roadians came on my Jeep, I had never heard of them at the time. They were not new but I easily put another 40k on them without issue and they worked very well, even off the pavement although that was not their intended use. My opinion of them was much higher then than when I inherited them. Depending on the application I would definitely consider them in the future based on my experience.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Another foreign made tire people buy because they put an emphasis on price than supporting made in the USA.
Says the guy with an Audi and a VW?

You beat me to it.

Oh the irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back