$1.33 for a GALLON of 87!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: FirstNissan
My biggest concern is, when gas is so cheap there is no incentive to build/buy fuel efficient cars. In the end, people remain wasteful and the environment suffers.

Last year/quarter sale of cars went down while CUV/SUV/truck went up.
It happens all the time gas prices drop,but the new pickups and SUV get better MPGs that they ever did. I had a 1979 Ford F150 with a 6 cyl and the best it got on freeway trips was 15 MPGs my new F150 on freeway trips gets 25 MPGs.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Paid $1.399 to fill one and $1.419 to fill the other.
These are nice prices and will likely remain quite low for some years to come.
OPEC has once again destroyed its own margins, the last time being in 1999.
This time, there's a huge Canadian and American enhanced recovery industry to kick in at a trigger price of around $60/bbl.
For better or ill, we should see cheap fuel for years to come.

Exactly, we will not see $100/bbl oil for a HUNDERD YEARS. N.A. is awash in oil, just waiting for the right market price, that should keep the OPEC mafia at bay.

Fracking tech saved us from the NWO oil price manipulations.

Now my immediate concern is Coal, coal is in BAD shape right now!!! Mine slow downs like crazy, layoffs going on in the Midwest mining industry.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CT8
My biggest concern is, when gas is so cheap there is no incentive to build/buy fuel efficient cars. In the end, people remain wasteful and the environment suffers.

It happens all the time gas prices drop,but the new pickups and SUV get better MPGs that they ever did. I had a 1979 Ford F150 with a 6 cyl and the best it got on freeway trips was 15 MPGs my new F150 on freeway trips gets 25 MPGs.

That 6cyl was pretty efficient.. Our 1977 F150 4x4 with the 400 and a C6 will get 8 if you drive a steady 60mph..

$1.39 around here. Decided to put the truck up for sale and buy a CX-5. People are forgetting that the price eventually will go up, best time to sell your trucks if you don't need them.

Wow those are low prices! Here in east PA gas is still $1.90 or so. It's $1.60 right over the Delaware in NJ though.

Originally Posted By: nwjones18
Originally Posted By: CT8

That 6cyl was pretty efficient.. Our 1977 F150 4x4 with the 400 and a C6 will get 8 if you drive a steady 60mph..
What dif ratio? That seems pretty low. Carb adjustment maybe?

Originally Posted By: Kira
To OneEyeJack: You said, " You won't see cheap, ordinary gasoline being sold here."

That's OK. Youd only waste it.

Amazing, the things people know and take the time to share.

I filled up at $1.43/gallon in Parkersburg WV today. Gas in my area of WV is $1.83 in my little town, but $1.62-$1.65 just a 12 minute drive to the north. I'm enjoying the cheap gas.

There is still a mandate to hit...so MPGs will keep going up.

Though it does allow many more to enjoy the larger stuff they used to....

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

There is still a mandate to hit...so MPGs will keep going up.

Though it does allow many more to enjoy the larger stuff they used to....

Corporate Average Fuel Economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back