I like Tabasco and or Trappey's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also recommend the Kikkoman sriracha sauce. It has a sweeter, more seasoned flavor than the rooster sauce. I am not saying "better," just different. I like it a lot. I like to blend condiments to come up with dipping sauces and toppings. Experiment!

I like the Huy Fong ( Rooster Brand ) Chili-Garlic Sauce as a condiment a lot more than their Sriracha. IMO, their Sriracha has considerable heat with minimal flavor while the Chili-Garlic Sauce is a 'spoonable' consistency and has equal parts heat and flavor...not as hot as their Sriracha.

I can get three good size bottles of Crystal for the same price as one 5oz perfume bottle of Tabasco. And it tastes better. Easiest choice ever. I like cock sauce too. Whatever you do don't get the Texas Pete Sriracha.

Quote:
I always keep a bottle of Tabasco around because it does have a distinctive flavor in my opinion. Is it true that the number on the bottom side of a Tabasco bottle is how hot the peppers are? Mine has a 22 on the bottom side of the bottle.

Wow..didn't know that. Mine says "24"

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vuflanovsky
I like the Huy Fong ( Rooster Brand ) Chili-Garlic Sauce as a condiment a lot more than their Sriracha. IMO, their Sriracha has considerable heat with minimal flavor while the Chili-Garlic Sauce is a 'spoonable' consistency and has equal parts heat and flavor...not as hot as their Sriracha.

yeah that sauce is called samba I keep both the regular and the garlic kind and is so much better than sriracha.. I find it amusing how popular that dressed up ketchup has become... to each his own I guess. Crystal is good my family makes their own hot sauce. Mezzetta makes a fantastic habanero hot sauce. Also Louisiana gold is good. But I have grown tired of the heavy vinegar hot sauces I grew up with. I have to say the garlic version of Tabasco is good so is the Chipotle not really hot but good flavor. Another good one is Melindas extra hot habanero in the white bottle I go through that stuff crazy fast. There is a brand called Arizona gunslinger that has to be ordered and all of those are good you can get a mini bottle sampler on their website which is worth trying! Oh and if you can find it the Tabasco salt is pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back