Troy Bilt Pony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a 2009 Troy Bilt Pony & it needed a tune up. I bought it because it was being sold for $250.00 so I figured with it being in good shape for the price I'd try fixing the issues. I've replaced the air filter, fuel filter, oil & spark plug. I have it running rough while it idles. Is there any good things to do to eliminate this issue. What additives might work & what else should I try.

A pony is a smaller version of the Horse. What engine do you have on it and a model number would help me fix your problem.

I am a small engine mechanic. Carb sounds like it's dirty and that is a easy fix. You more than likely have a bowl type carb. Take the nut out from the bottom empty the bowl and look at the nut. It will have a hole in the center and 2 small holes on the side It is actually a jet that gas goes up inside the emulsion tube that it screws into. Clean the holes out with a bread tie and cleaner and blow out. !!!

Originally Posted By: Boudreaux
A pony is a smaller version of the Horse.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic.. but there is also a Troy Bilt Pony riding mower. It's a re-badged MTD product.

No not at all. Around here we have a lot of Horses Troy built A few pony's. Most of the horses have 8hp kholer magnums. Built like a tank.

I am not aware of pony mowers. I myself have a Trot built push mower with a 6.5 hp briggs. It has bearings in the wheels instead of bushings. It is a solid built machine. Heavy duty deck also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back