Meguiar's Ultimate Wax - Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meguiars makes some good stuff but there are several products that aren't that great; so while some like it I also wouldn't assume that someone who didn't have good results did something wrong.

Hi GoFast,

I agree with your statement completely.

Doing my mini-van is a big job, so I am looking for at least 4 months, prefer 6 or more if possible between detailing.

Try Finish Kare 1000. Will last at least twice as long as Meg Ultimate Wax! I have been getting a minimum of 6 months longevity with 1000 for my cars here in FL stored outside. The UPW would only get me 3 months.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback.

I like Meguiars, been buying their product for years, we are having some more rain in SoCal this weekend, it will be interesting to see how my other vehicles do, I recently detailed them them with Meguiars M26 Hi-Tech wax.

RevRider

Originally Posted By: RevRider
I am thinking of trying the Klasse product for my sealant option.

I also use a carnuba wax on my motorcycles, Meguiar's M26, I do like the old-school paste wax approach.

Any Klassen users who want to comment?

RevRider
I have used the Klasse AIO and sealant twice a yr for a few yrs on a DD and been happy. Not much of a polish. Definitely easy to use. Wash, clay bar, wash and apply is my routine. I let sealant sit for several hrs before taking it off and apply a wax on top. Can't say how long it lasts alone because I apply spray or paste wax pretty regular (about every 2 wks and an ONR every week) in between the Klasse, but it seems to breakdown in about 5-6months. I have been using TW Ice for a couple of yrs. and been satisfied. I like the put it anywhere and no residue thing a lot but that has become more common than when it first came out I think, not sure but I seem to remember that being a motivators along with the ease of not having to order it. I also use the interior stuff almost every week and been happy with it enough to keep replacing it. I did use the Meg stuff yrs ago but left it and went to Duragloss stuff then the Klasse. I plan on going back to DG combo in the Fall. I think DG stuff gives a lot of bang for the buck and was always happy with it. I thing that UW is a wax and not a sealant but I could be wrong.

you need to take into account conditions and times are comparative not absolute.

If you're in a nice moderate conditions with perhaps covered parking and a light colored car, your products are going to last longer than the next guy who has a black car parked in the sun on 100degree days.

So maybe it lasted 2months, but what else was tried and did it last longer or shorter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back