I Finally Pulled the Trigger...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Well, we have one child and not planning on any more, but when family visits, it'd be nice to have more space. Alas, they visit so rarely, that maybe it really makes no sense to get a minivan just for it.

Yup, just rent one when you need it.
Save the money for things that are more fun than both family, and minivans.

BC.

Congrats on the new car. Very nice. I've driven a friend's 435i a few times and test drove a 328i recently and can attest to the fact that the ZF 8AT is utterly incredible and I wouldn't be missing a MT or even a DCT with that in my car.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Stock 300, with a few mods 400 is pretty easy. A few of my buddies have this motor running around with some Dinan mods in the 400-450 range.

It pulls like a proper I6. Over the summer my buddy and I were coming back from a boat delivery. He was doing about 90 in his 335 with about 410ish at the rear wheels, just lean on it a bit and 130 comes up nice and fast.

Proper car.

It actually has 320 hp @ 6000 rpm and 330 lb-ft @ 1300 rpm because the M Performance Power Kit(MPPK) is installed at the factory. But you are spot on regarding the way it pulls; turbo lag is essentially nonexistent. I would definitely install an LSD before I added any more power.

How difficult/co$tly is it to pull weight out of the 2 series??

Originally Posted By: Vikas
what kind of money are you talking about for installing LSD?

Upwards of $2k, sad to say...

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

How difficult/co$tly is it to pull weight out of the 2 series??

Well, you could order one with no options and delete the sunroof. In Europe BMW sells lightweight sport seats that bolt right in. You could also go with CF or fiberglass body panels. That said, if you want a lightweight track rat their or better choices, I think. I wanted a dual-purpose car that can handle several track days per year and still be suitable for longer trips and day to day errands.

I remember from your other threads that you are pretty good at finding and negotiating deals... so i guess you have a record to beat?
Congrats on the purchase , wish you many, many, many years of enjoyment
now, do you pledge to get us pictures in 15 years for this one too?

LSD is a lovely thing
smile.gif
My old altima didn't have it and I can say it makes a world of difference.

Looks like that is not happening unless you end up wrecking up your rear end and are forced to replace it :-(

Quaife, M Sport, or something else?

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Quaife, M Sport, or something else?

Haven't done much research yet, but it will probably come down to those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back