API SG,SJ and SL Zddp levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
Thanks for the suggestions but i think I'll stick to Shell HX 3 and VR1, does anybody know where I could find the zinc and phosphorus contents for Hx3 SL?

You could try emailing Shell. They might tell you but I very much doubt it. They are very bad at sharing. If you work in the industry, you can spot a Shell graph at twenty paces because it will be the one with no numbers on the axes...

Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
ACEA E7 / E9 rated for those that worry about such things. I don't.

He's in Spain, so it might be worthwhile for him to pay attention to E7, E9 or A3/B3 A3/B4 instead of API specifications, which clearly aren't doing him any favours.

FordCapriDriver: If VR1 is an available choice for you, that will be fine.

So basically i should not worry about zddp too much since my engine is well worn in and it's got a stock cam right? and on the bottles of Hx3 i have it does say it's specially formulated for older cars with carbutretors and no catalytic converter.

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
So basically i should not worry about zddp too much since my engine is well worn in and it's got a stock cam right?

That is correct. Get a reputable (modern rated) oil, and you'll be in good shape. It would be different if it were a 1960s muscle car with a high-lift cam and dual valve springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back