Pronto vs Napa Proselect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to decide between these two filters to use on three cars belonging to my neighbor and my Girlfriend's dad. I am doing their oil changes every 5000 miles roughly which seems to be every 4 or so months. All three cars use the same filter model so I just wanted to order a pack of about 10 of them. I have a friend who uses pronto filters alongside microguards at his shop where I can get them for a little cheaper than I can buy the Napa proselect. Pretty much 10 filters comes to around $20 in both cases. So which of these two would you use and why?

The napa pro select with the combo valve is absolute garbage. OTW I like WIX/NAPA in the larger sizes, the base end bypass takes up too much media room iin the hamster sized " filters" if you can call them that! Always had good or best luck with non-Ecore Champ/delco. Lots of threads on pro select here - if they haven't been deleted due to age.

What if? You ask for a Napa preferred customer card to give you year around discounts on filters. Upgrade your filters to Napa Gold (by Wix). Extend the oil change intervals from 5000 miles to 7500 miles or 6 months (Spring and Fall) whichever occurs first. Use name brand motor oil with API grade "SN". Overall cost will be less and engine life will be better by using better quality components.

Napa Proselect or Microgard. Both are made by Wix, and the Microgard is a Napa Silver.

Pronto is cheap Chinese/Korean garbage.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Get the cheapest one made in USA.

White can puro.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Get the cheapest one made in USA.

Red can puro.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Fixed it for you!

I have use a bunck of the Pronto filters and I have never had any issues. Still have several in my stash too.

Originally Posted By: sw99
I have use a bunck of the Pronto filters and I have never had any issues. Still have several in my stash too.

I have a buddy I bought some for when he was broke and I am amazed how good the quality of pronto filters are for the money he uses them 8-10k (no adbv on his) and the media is intact straight as can be and would easily go further

NAPA. Instead of the pro select, check the price on "silvers". They have 10 percent more filtering media than the pro selects, sometimes at a lower price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back