Castrol Import Multi question

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Castrol USA website the PDS for the Castrol Multi-vehicle ATF is outdated, it was published in 2010 and never been actualized

I need to know if the Multi-vehicle ATF meets SP-IV

I have a bottle here that I bought 8 months ago, it does not list SP-IV at all.

It does list Mitsubishi SP-II, and SP-III as "recommended" for use in...

Their full synthetic probably meets SP-IV
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

There you go. 'Probably'. If the best you can do is 'probably' then you probably shouldn't post anyhing. Just click forward onto the next topic.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

There you go. 'Probably'. If the best you can do is 'probably' then you probably shouldn't post anyhing. Just click forward onto the next topic.

Castrol's PDS's are often terrible. Here is the PDS for Castrol Full Synthetic ATF . For Hyundai and Kia, it says "all applications that require automatic transmission fluid" which includes SP-IV.

Their Edge PDS lists many of the properties as OK. For example, the viscosity of Edge 10w30 is listed as OK, with no number.

Their syn blend IMV doesn't meet SP-IV because the visc is too high; SP-IV is one of the new low-vis types.

Here you go. As you can see it's the typical suitable for use statement on Maxlife. This means they say it is good for that requirement but the manufacturer won't sign off on anything generic so they have to say that. It comes down to the trust level you have in the brand. At least they say it is suitable for that spec

Updated June 2015

http://content.valvoline.com/pdf/maxlife_atf.pdf

Last edited:
And Castrol import multi does not list it. You have to go with what is on their website for download.

http://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/FusionPDS.nsf/Files/064FD5179C8D0FFD80257AA90053687A/$File/Castrol%20Transmax%20Import%20MV%20%5F03521%5F.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back