2010 Nissan Titan runs rough intermittently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your check engine light on? If so, have a local auto zone read for free or self diagnose yourself. Go to titan forum.com, great people with experience with the titan. Could be a oxygen sensor? Usually the above problems will throw codes.

Meant to say also, if you do the plugs, do yourself, my dealer wanted $384.00, 8 plugs. If you have a pep boys near by, order on the pep boys website, 25% off or autozone web site may have similar. I think,sparkplug.com will give you the size plug. Or checkout the titan forum for alot of help on minor and major work, again, great people.

Originally Posted By: RightWinger
Thanks, no codes. according to my dash everything is fine.

Are you sure? Did you actually plug in a scanner? Because P0325 will not turn on the CEL; that code is a knock sensor.

The only thing I noticed with a cracked manifold is a loud tick and lousy milage thats about it - engine still ran great.

As far as problems with my titan - not a lot the engine and transmission have been gems.

Its been a great truck.

Mine never once threw a code.

Most titan problem have not been engine or trans related but thing like differentials.

I think lots of people over load them.

UD

Last edited:
sorry, it's,,,,,,titantalk.com,then go to forums. Very lively site for great advice. Taught me alot and saved me many $$$$, doing it myself.

start with a regular tuneup like plugs, cleaning tb and the maf sensor. then check for
vac leaks and codes. I had a TPS that would kill the dodge 4.7 without any codes. after I ruled everything out, the TPS for $20 solved it

Originally Posted By: 07titan
Meant to say also, if you do the plugs, do yourself, my dealer wanted $384.00, 8 plugs. If you have a pep boys near by, order on the pep boys website, 25% off or autozone web site may have similar. I think,sparkplug.com will give you the size plug. Or checkout the titan forum for alot of help on minor and major work, again, great people.

I got mine at Amazon. Didn't cost much. Job was very easy. $384? LOL

Oh yeah - I changed out my radiator at 10 years when I saw the plastic cracking.

When I did that I redid the clutch fan as well.

got a nice big CSF radiator in there now.

UD

Update: I replaced all 8 plugs and was still getting a loss of power and vibration at idle. I gave in and took to Nissan. They determined I had a bad ignition coil that would stop working properly after it warmed up. Problem is fixed and truck is running like new. I have replaced both rear wheel bearings, axle seals, and now a ignition coil. Not bad for a 6 year old truck with 90000+ miles on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back