TYC Cabin Air Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon has TYC CAF for significantly cheaper than OEM. Quality is hard to gauge from picture though.

What's the consensus on TYC cabin air filter quality? Yay or nay or "it depends"?

Can't speak for all applications, but reviews for their Honda filters seem to be pretty good.

It's fine.
There might be some glue you have to snip to fit your bracket the amazon reviews will tell you.
Depends what's your criteria and personal preference for cabin air filters and your budget and how fastidious you are.

You can justify that changing it 2x for the same price as someone who changes their $$ filter 1x has equivalent outcomes.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng

You can justify that changing it 2x for the same price as someone who changes their $$ filter 1x has equivalent outcomes.

You read my mind.

I've not had a problem with anything from TYC that I've bought...from filters to outside door mirror assemblies to taillight lenses.

Just like their sheet metal, TYC cabin filters fit but they don't fit. They're better than a nasty clogged OEM filter, especially when you can find them for $2 or $3 on RockAuto.

I've bought a few for various makes and models. Never had a fitment issue. They seem good quality.

Amazon often suggests the wrong filter that's why I think some people have fitment issues. I always double check with Rockauto's catalog.

I am using my third one in the Tacoma, no issues of any sort, and they don't clog up real quick either. Hard to beat for $7-$8 from Amazon.

Ive used and would use again. Good for price maybe a tad thinner than fram...but at 1/3 to 1/2 the price..i will take it.

TYC's were the first cabin filters I ever saw.
They were sold at a larger parts warehouse which services a slew of "normally sized" parts stores in my region.

What I saw was garbage. The TYC's were all single sheets of some thin material pressed into whatever form they needed.

They might be better now. I doubt it.

I think the "business model" is to provide the cheapest, garbage filter so a garage owner can make the highest margin on a job which is all but immune from callback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back