Looks like Classics are going bye,bye at WM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I was walking thru the oil aisle at my local Walmart and noticed the Purolator Classic shelf was looking quite sparse. The Automotive Dept. Manager just happened to come around the corner, so I asked him what was going on with the Puros.

He said the Purolators were being deleted. He added that not enough people were buying "those turds" (his words). LOL

He didn't know if they were going to be clearanced, so if you're into Puro Classics, you might want to head to your local WM and check it out.

He also didn't know what, if anything, was going to replace the Puros, but had heard that the SuperTech filters may be coming back.

We'll see.

Since the white "Classic" itself is going away, they are going to have to either replace them with the new Puro or something else. Will be interesting to see which way it goes.

I would bet Purolator is asking for a price increase and Walmart is saying no that Purolator stuff is not moving. Classics for the Ranger have not been available for months so Walmart is not ordering or Purolator can't deliver per contract. If you look at Walmart oil filter displays, the Frams are at eye level, Bosch D+ and Motorcraft are on the top shelf. There are some AC Delco and some Mopar. The Purolator Classics are on the bottom shelf collecting dust.

If Walmart does the SuperTech and it is anything like the STP sold by AutoZone, I think that filter is in direct competition with Fram ExtraGuard. Both would easily do a 3000 to 5000 mile change. Perfect for conventional oil. Either way it is a win for the Champ Labs / Fram group. The newer eCores are looking good. Walmart could do a Sub $20 oil change and still make money for the DIY folks.

Just my breezie two cents.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Since the white "Classic" itself is going away, they are going to have to either replace them with the new Puro or something else. Will be interesting to see which way it goes.

+1

Out with the old, in with the new.

The new and improved Purolators will be hot sellers.

The old Purolators sold strongly at Walmart anyway. They are the cheapest alternate at a discounter where price is the only thing that matters to 95% of the shoppers.

I would wager, in time, that the Boss will replace the Bosch Distance Plus on the top shelf. The red can will take the place of the Classic on the bottom. And the new blue Pure 1 will replace the Tough Guard as Walmart's primary mid-priced filter.

I said it before that when the truth comes out and lots of people cut open filters and post their findings online millions of people learn the truth and will buy accordingly..

As for purolater once my favorite filter i don't care if wal mart has them or not because i won't be buying them.. At my wal mart they don't seem to sell anymore either i can tell by the dust they have on them.

I hope wal mart will get in Wix filters i think they will sell like hot cakes when everyone sees the quality of the Wix filters.. Wix makes great stuff throughout their whole line its just sometimes they are hard to find. They might not be as pretty as the new purolators or the ocod but its really on the inside that matters.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude

I hope wal mart will get in Wix filters i think they will sell like hot cakes when everyone sees the quality of the Wix filters.. Wix makes great stuff throughout their whole line its just sometimes they are hard to find. They might not be as pretty as the new purolators or the ocod but its really on the inside that matters.

How efficient are the Wix?

^^^ The normal WIX are 95% @ 20 microns. The WIX XP (full synthetic) is 50% @ 20 microns.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ The normal WIX are 95% @ 20 microns. The WIX XP (full synthetic) is 50% @ 20 microns.

Z06 knows all of this because he is a WIX fan boy.
27.gif
28.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

27.gif
28.gif

And you love Motorcraft.

After I have cut a new one and run a couple of new ones, I may be a WIX convert too.

When that happens, I may give you my stock of Motorcraft filters.

Personally, I am glad we have all these choices.

27.gif
28.gif

I do like the normal WIX filters. XP isn't efficient enough for my liking though.

Not sure how efficient they are but their build quality throughout their whole line is pretty good.. When we decided to change our filter line to Wix from purolator all that was discussed with the rep but i cant remember exactly what it was. I was more interested in build quality and of course i like filters that flow.

27.gif
28.gif

I do like the normal WIX filters. XP isn't efficient enough for my liking though.

+1

I think the normal WIX is the goldilocks of filters. Just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back