acdelco ph64

Status
Not open for further replies.
so ive heard about the "e-core" filters, thts all walmart has. how is the plain ph64 different? getting this filter for my next OC with mobil1 AFE 0w20.

The classic ac delco use a metal center tube instead of plastic making them stronger. The large size of the holes in the center tube of the E cores have plausible links to media failures due to differential pressure pushing on the media through the large opening.

The AC Delco classics are a much better choice.

The eCores were developed to even out the pressure across the media. At least in theory, this will improve oil filter efficiency. The Champ PH820 and the Firestone TF4651 have very even pleat spacing. This reduces the risk of tearing media. I think recent eCore filters are much better than the old ones. The old center tube has 4 vertical ribs. The new ones have 8. The risk of media blow out is reduced.

AC Delco Classics are hard to find.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
The eCores were developed to even out the pressure across the media. At least in theory, this will improve oil filter efficiency. The Champ PH820 and the Firestone TF4651 have very even pleat spacing. This reduces the risk of tearing media. I think recent eCore filters are much better than the old ones. The old center tube has 4 vertical ribs. The new ones have 8. The risk of media blow out is reduced.

AC Delco Classics are hard to find.
one of my friends works at a parts house and ordered me one in with his discount for under $5.

That is a good deal.
yea I know, I spent like $31 on this OC with mobil1 AFE 0w20 and a classic acdelco filter. spent the same on the PP and frame xg last OC when PP was on sale.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
That is a good deal.
yea I know, I spent like $31 on this OC with mobil1 AFE 0w20 and a classic acdelco filter. spent the same on the PP and frame xg last OC when PP was on sale.

There are many on BITOG that would favor the Fram Ultra XG. Wire backed media and 99% filtration efficiency for 20 micron particle size.

The eCore would not be recommended for extended OCI.

The box might say does not change the manufactures warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back