help replacing door pins on a 98 corolla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again all:) 1998 toyota corolla. Think its a CE model. 4 door car.
Well, few months ago, i slammed mycar door, drivers door, and it wont close. Benn using a long rubberbungee hooked too passenger seat, and other end on the push lock too keep it closed. The door appears slight bent, moreso at the bottom half of door. I have loosened, and removed, the adjsutment bolts, side of door, it seemed too close a little better with they were loose. You can tell, looking at door closed, its slightly off. I did notice, the bushing on lower pin, some of it came out.
I belive, i have a sagging door. the lock mechanism works fine..putting it too closed, then handle too open it, works fine. Of course, i want/need too fix this.
Autozone and advance auto sell a pin bushing kit $9.99.
DO i, or will, i require any further tools? I did some research but found nothing for the corolla pins online, youtube, forums. One vid i saw guy with a truck, he used osme kinda small bolt looking thing, that you ratchet and from what it appeared, pressed the bushing in.
Will i require that as well?Or is it pretty much just a loosen pin bolt, and replace?

Originally Posted By: ziggy
Well, few months ago, i slammed mycar door, drivers door, and it wont close. Benn using a long rubberbungee hooked too passenger seat, and other end on the push lock too keep it closed.

Lol!
crackmeup2.gif

Post pics!

Originally Posted By: Trav
Change the hinges, not big $$ from the dealer. Quick and easy job, do one at a time.

or better yet at the junkyard, the are full of that generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back