Superbowl picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
If we had been able to get to OT, we would have burn them out.

And yet your team didn't get there, did it?
Your team didn't get to go on to the Super Bowl, where they did not get to find out if they could beat the Panthers.

The team that I am talking about, did not get tired at the end of the Super Bowl.

Welcome back to THIS conversation turtlevette.

BC.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

Your team didn't get to go on to the Super Bowl, where they did not get to find out if they could beat the Panthers.

The team that I am talking about, did not get tired at the end of the Super Bowl.

BC.

bc -- forget it, man.he's just 'gonna keep rambling on about the pats, and brady, until he dies. a man with class would let it go, and give credit where credit is due -- to manning and the broncos.

if brady had done this, and bilichek had done that,and the balls were properly inflated, and mars and Jupiter and Neptune were in a certain alignment -- the pats would have won it all --- bla, bla, bla.

turtle might have a lifesize poster of brady on the ceiling of his bedroom. that wouldn't surprise a lot of bitogers. to each his own, I guess.

keep your pearls of wisdom coming, turtle. you give us a lot of laughs.
have a good night.

Originally Posted By: sw99
I really enjoyed that overly cocky Cam get that served to him. Celebrating is one thing but that guy is off the chain. Hope he learns from this... Heck of a talented guy for sure but he needs to tone it down. Go Broncos!

Maybe it is because he is uh...."sensitive" and dainty.
whistle.gif

It was priceless to see that thug walk off that post game interview in a sissy fit huff.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Then most of the so called sports experts were foolish because most of them were picking an easy win for CAR...

I caught the so called experts on ESPN and CBS make their predictions and while most picked the Panthers to win none picked them to win big. For example Phil Simms who did the game said "the first to 24 points will win this game". Most others predicted similarly.

Scam Newton fell apart under pressure. He is a frontrunner and gloryhog.
It's easy to be a leader when you are winning.
A real leader can lead even when things go bad.
The fumble he backed away from and made no effort to get tells you all you need to know about him.
He needs to give up the towel on his head,it makes him look like ET.

Originally Posted By: deven
Then most of the so called sports experts were foolish because most of them were picking an easy win for CAR...

I caught the so called experts on ESPN and CBS make their predictions and while most picked the Panthers to win none picked them to win big. For example Phil Simms who did the game said "the first to 24 points will win this game". Most others predicted similarly.

You just like to argue, don't you? If I said the sky was blue, you'd argue about it...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Scam Newton fell apart under pressure. He is a frontrunner and gloryhog.
It's easy to be a leader when you are winning.
A real leader can lead even when things go bad.
The fumble he backed away from and made no effort to get tells you all you need to know about him.
He needs to give up the towel on his head,it makes him look like ET.

I called the loss a slice of humble pie for him. I wonder if he still thinks he's as good as he thought he was. I would have bet Carolina would have killed Denver, boy am I glad I didn't. It was very easy to see Newton's spirit was broken just by the look in his eyes. He's still young and needs to mature a bit, we'll see next season if he learned from it. Most great quarter backs learned the taste of humble pie at one time or another.

Originally Posted By: deven

You just like to argue, don't you? If I said the sky was blue, you'd argue about it...

We all know that the sky is orange. God made it orange because he's a Broncos fan...

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

BC.

AND let's not forget that when NE played Denver in the regular season it did go to OT and DENVER won not NE.

I am so tired of hearing from NE fans around here about IF ONLY this happened or IF ONLY that happened we would have won. Total poppycock. The facts do not support those claims.

The fact is NE had a chance at home field advantage throughout the playoffs but they blew it at the end of the season and lost out to Denver via tie breakers. Denver played hard all year and won the games they had to win to get HFA while NE got cute, blew games they really should have been able to win, and it cost them.

The fact is if NE had beat Denver during the regular season at Denver they would have had HFA, and if advancing that far, would have played the AFC Championship at home where they are a tougher team to beat( does not guarantee a win though ). AND if they had done this it would have changed season records and might have lead to Denver being ousted elsewhere and NE never even facing them in the playoffs.

The fact is they lost AGAIN to Denver in the AFC Championship and thus forfeited any right to talk about how they would have beat Carolina in the SB. How about you win your division before talking smack about the league Championship.

The fact is Denver beat NE 2X's this season which makes them the better team and with no head to head matchups with Carolina no one can say NE would have steamrolled them the way NE fans are claiming.

The fact is Denver and Carolina were the two best teams this year.

Everyone plays what if's in their mind about things all the time; it's human nature. However, NE fans are taking it to extremes this year as they whine about not making the SB and how they claim NE would have won as easily as Denver( or laughably, even easier ). They weren't good enough to get there is the bottom line. Get over it and look forward to 2016. NE still has a playoff caliber team and should once again win the AFC East and contend for the division championship. 2015 is OVER and NE lost. End of story. No if's and's or but's about it.

Last edited:
I don't agree with you often but this time you are completely right NHHEMI! This "what if" game is completely pointless.

It's just a shame when the best team with the best qb of all time doesn't win. I'd like to break down that game on film to see how many rules were being broken in the form of holding receivers and overall roughing them up. But people want to focus on the amount of air in a football.

The NFL needs to address the game being called differently in playoffs.

It's just a shame when the best team with the best qb of all time doesn't win.

It would be impossible for Joe Montana to win any more SBs since he no longer plays...

Brady is from San Mateo and decides to play at Michigan...that alone immediately eliminates him from any discussion of "best QB of all time".

It would be impossible for Joe Montana to win any more SBs since he no longer plays...

Grampi just ignore the troll. That is all he is doing at this point is trying to bait people. Just ignore it.

10.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

Grampi just ignore the troll. That is all he is doing at this point is trying to bait people. Just ignore it.

10.gif

Good plan...

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

10.gif

Good plan...

Don't stop there. Put a firewall at the entrance to your compound to censor anything that makes you feel small and insecure.

Tim Tebow hasn't played NFL level football in years.
You're just going to have to give up on that dream of yours.

Quote:
I'd like to break down that game on film to see how many rules were being broken in the form of holding receivers and overall roughing them up.

If a flag isn't thrown, it's not a foul.

Quote:
But people want to focus on the amount of air in a football.

You're not giving up on it either.

Quote:

Then join the NFL, and become a referee, and correct the game from within.
I'm sure you will be able to watch every single player on the field, and on the sidelines, on every single play, without missing ANYTHING.

You're that good.

BC.

It's just a shame when the best team with the best qb of all time doesn't win. I'd like to break down that game on film to see how many rules were being broken in the form of holding receivers and overall roughing them up. But people want to focus on the amount of air in a football.

Let them start with the Pat's win over the Chiefs. Chief's should have beat them and I'm sure we can find some cheatin' going on by the Pat's defender's holding the Chief's receivers.

Or are you only referring to instances against your own team?

If you look at how the refs called the "Stupor Bowl" there is NOT question that the game was rigged from the start. PLENTY OF OBVIOUSLY BAD CALLS THAT APPEARED TO BE DELIBERATE.

That being said I don't care about pro sports anyhow but this kind of evidence proves that the NFL is the WWE of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back