AutoZone Game...cash and gift cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah really... I have to pay again. Not having children that we can't afford, no house and good income= your hammered.

Having WAY more children you can't possibly take care of with YOUR own money or buying a house = you get WAY more than paid in some circumstances or at least you get a good percentage of it back.

I am not against taxes, paying taxes, and a progressive tax code. But it defys logic that people who don't put an undue burden on the system get 0 breaks at all. And yet those who have children they really can't afford get a lot of money in some circumstances. I worked with a young lady at the hospital. She was a CNA. It was tax return season and I was seriously considering giving her $200- $300 out of my return of $800. Well in the course of conversation one evening she told me she was getting back almost $10,000. There went my idea.. I didn't give her a dime. She didn't need it. Her having 2 children and her not making much money entitled her to a very large refund. She was talking about buying herself a newer car... Etc etc.

Our tax code is all kinds of messed up as we all know. But hey, it is all going to be all right for my lady and I.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Having WAY more children you can't possibly take care of with YOUR own money . . . you get WAY more than paid in some circumstances or at least you get a good percentage of it back.

I'm pretty sure that both millionaires and people making minimum wage both get the same tax credit per child.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
Having WAY more children you can't possibly take care of with YOUR own money . . . you get WAY more than paid in some circumstances or at least you get a good percentage of it back.

I'm pretty sure that both millionaires and people making minimum wage both get the same tax credit per child.

Nope:

The United States federal earned income tax credit or earned income credit (EITC or EIC) is a refundable tax credit for low- to moderate-income working individuals and couples, particularly those with children. The amount of EITC benefit depends on a recipient’s income and number of children.

Yeah really... I have to pay again. Not having children that we can't afford, no house and good income= your hammered.

So when you're retired, her kids will be working, paying payroll taxes at 15.3% round trip plus income taxes, to fund YOUR social security and medicare. They will be the ones investing in the stock market to buy the stocks that YOU need to sell to fund your retirement.

Don't know who her children you are referring to... But if I had a bet .. . the young lady at my former employer children will not be revenue producers for the govt. It will be the other way around.

For those who are getting money back from the government that is a nice deal in a way. I think that is a good thing.

Autozone has a good sale on Motorcraft oil/ filter right now. Got some for the lady's Camry.

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
I entered and got a $5 off $25, which is pretty much useless at AZ.

That's what I got too. That's at best 20%. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back